How to quit my job at Fedex Ground

thedownhillEXPRESS

Never mind the fact that the IRS only has two appointed positions amongst the thousands of employees, nor that the man in charge when this all started was a Bush appointee.

CJinx

I'd just like to throw out there that Cactus really didn't like that post earlier in the thread. He gave me negative rep with the comment, "eat ****".
I guess it hit too close to home? LOL

bbsam

Staff member
Really, Cactus?! What a crybaby. Any chance you can use your crappy health insurance for exploratory surgery to find your sense of humor?

bbsam

Staff member
Jeez guys.
How about we accept that bbsam and upstate are "friends", if you, Cactus, admit that you would fellate MFE given the opportunity.

Any takers? Or can we all just get over ourselves now?
lol
just a refresher. This is funny and cactus can't laugh at himself.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'd just like to throw out there that Cactus really didn't like that post earlier in the thread. He gave me negative rep with the comment, "eat ****".
I guess it hit too close to home? LOL
Really, Cactus?! What a crybaby. Any chance you can use your crappy health insurance for exploratory surgery to find your sense of humor?
Well, well, well, gentlemen, oh please pardon me for my rudeness. :wink2: My since of humor is fine. In fact I can laugh at you and Ground all day long. By the way how's your puppet contractor position working out with you since corporate is calling all the shots? By the way since you were dumb enough to pretty much identify yourself here I'm sure they'd be delighted to know about your advocating the union activity for express that occupies most of your time. Oh and by the way, thanks for the suggestion on how to use my health insurance. I'm always eager to jump in a airplane and fly right through that big open mind of yours.:happy-very:

And since you have me on the insurance topic, how's the health insurance you offer to your employees? Yeah I thought so.

The only benefits that comes close for your people is food stamps and government cheese. But there's always room for advancement at Ground......once you find another job. :thumbup:

just a refresher. This is funny.

So are your FMCSA scores.

Nick9075

Re: health insurance- in ny state Medicaid is supposed to be the best in the country. I am in Massachusetts which already has the state version of obamacare. I made too much money last year just in w2 outside income so it costs $292 for just me through the states health exchange.
I agree with what many are saying about the contract model for ground - you don't own anything your contract can be terminated for any reason or not renewed for any reason then you are out your investment and your routes are given to an existing contractor. 30 days notice not enough time to find a buyer and I am not part of the top 2% or 5 % that has hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars to play around with.
Wait until the unemployment rate is 5 % or less . You won't find people willing to work for ground delivering packages for $900 a week with no benefits

Nick9075

Well, well, well, gentlemen, oh please pardon me for my rudeness. :wink2: My since of humor is fine. In fact I can laugh at you and Ground all day long. By the way how's your puppet contractor position working out with you since corporate is calling all the shots? By the way since you were dumb enough to pretty much identify yourself here I'm sure they'd be delighted to know about your advocating the union activity for express that occupies most of your time. Oh and by the way, thanks for the suggestion on how to use my health insurance. I'm always eager to jump in a airplane and fly right through that big open mind of yours.:happy-very:

And since you have me on the insurance topic, how's the health insurance you offer to your employees? Yeah I thought so.

The only benefits that comes close for your people is food stamps and government cheese. But there's always room for advancement at Ground......once you find another job. :thumbup:

You are right. Anyone who states the truth is attacked. Well I don't believe in the positive thinking bull**** I tell things the way they are.
The only person who has everything to lose is the contractor. God forbid driver is involved in an accident or you have too many disputes or claims or mis scans. Even if the driver gets fired they can likely easily find another job and may be able to collect unemployment but the contractor will likely lose his entire investment

bbsam

Staff member
Well cactus, I am quite aware that they know exactly who and where I am. And here I am "advocating a union at Express". Actually, I have advocated ACTION rather than all the CRYING done by yourself and others.

One more time. RLA is a fact. Organize, accept the position you have, or leave. It's that simple.

bbsam

Staff member
You are right. Anyone who states the truth is attacked. Well I don't believe in the positive thinking bull**** I tell things the way they are.
The only person who has everything to lose is the contractor. God forbid driver is involved in an accident or you have too many disputes or claims or mis scans. Even if the driver gets fired they can likely easily find another job and may be able to collect unemployment but the contractor will likely lose his entire investment

ABSOLUTE BS. Sorry you frighten so easily or that it's so different out east. But don't think for a moment you know what's going on all over the company. You really haven't been involved long enough to know. That's not an attack. That's fact.

Nick9075

ABSOLUTE BS. Sorry you frighten so easily or that it's so different out east. But don't think for a moment you know what's going on all over the company. You really haven't been involved long enough to know. That's not an attack. That's fact.
OK, so what part of what I posted is Untrue? Next you will threaten to 'report me' for slandering the company.. No I don't frighten too easily but I tell it the way it is not what I hope & wish the way things would be. I also don't get intimidated.

Like I said at the end of the day it is just all about money and I need to protect myself so I am not out on the street.

bbsam

Staff member
I have yet to see a contract not renewed in 18 years. I have yet to see a contract terminated for accidents. I have yet to see a contract terminated for disputed deliveries, or any other matter. Is it that much different out East? Sounds like we may have conflicting truths of you have actually seen all these things occir. Or is it just what you hear from terminal blow yards?

bbsam

Staff member
By the way, where did I say anything threatening? Slander? All I said that was that your statements were untrue. I don't thinkk that rises to the level of slander.

sjh

I have yet to see a contract not renewed in 18 years. I have yet to see a contract terminated for accidents. I have yet to see a contract terminated for disputed deliveries, or any other matter. Is it that much different out East? Sounds like we may have conflicting truths of you have actually seen all these things occir. Or is it just what you hear from terminal blow yards?

I actually have seen a contract not get renewed, twice, however one was due to gross negligence during peak, and unfortunately the other was a squeaky wheel that terminal management refused to grease. However, both were able to sell off routes and see a profit. $350k for 3 routes; not sure what the other one was.

And hell, there are major flaws in the infrastructure of FedEx Ground, but I have no problem being grateful for having an income, and that income is not as easily lost as you, Nick, insist it is.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Oddly enough, this has been our "time clock safety" pic for a few months now.

STFXG

X2

CJinx

I've only seen one contract terminated in my years here and it was because the contractor threatened the senior manager with physical harm during a business discussion in the morning.

On another note, I've always been somewhat confused by the folks who insist Fedex has them over a barrel and they could lose everything at any given time. Isn't the only thing at stake here the contract? We don't own your trucks, your employees don't work for us. You don't lose them. Can't you just go find something else to do with your fleet? I realize that this is much easier said than done but I've actually seen it happen. There was at least one multi-route contractor that wanted nothing to do with ISP, so he sold the routes but took his business/assets elsewhere. Folks have options if they don't want to contract with Fedex.

sjh

I've only seen one contract terminated in my years here and it was because the contractor threatened the senior manager with physical harm during a business discussion in the morning.

On another note, I've always been somewhat confused by the folks who insist Fedex has them over a barrel and they could lose everything at any given time. Isn't the only thing at stake here the contract? We don't own your trucks, your employees don't work for us. You don't lose them. Can't you just go find something else to do with your fleet? I realize that this is much easier said than done but I've actually seen it happen. There was at least one multi-route contractor that wanted nothing to do with ISP, so he sold the routes but took his business/assets elsewhere. Folks have options if they don't want to contract with Fedex.

Hmmm...sometimes we're made to feel that way over in our terminal. We were threatened with the loss of our contracts, though I honestly don't think it would have happened. I think she wanted our numbers improved so she could contract more of our supplemental area. However, our manager is a lesbian with a complex. She uses fear to command respect, perhaps because she runs a terminal full of men or maybe out of just pure hatred. My husband has a very close relationship with contractor relations for this reason. Well, and for reasons such as taking a supplement away from us to contract and give to the guy who needs our help every.freaking.peak.