How to ruin someone's day.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Telematics has me pegged with 10 record while traveling this a.m..
Come to find out, a driver 400 miles away entered my truck number in his DIAD. Thus influencing the report fort truck.
Now you know how to play the game.

CHALLY9TX

Wouldn't that truck number be attached to his id number? Did he punch in with your id also???

Sent using BrownCafe App

bumped

I was told that if you dont scan the barcode, and type the truck number in telematics can't see whats going on.

Sent using BrownCafe App

False, my sticker has been unable to scan for over a year, and I'm still seen. I have given up writing it up after 3 times now.

PT Car Washer

I believe this could be an integrity issue unless the other driver can convince his management team it was a simple typo. Good luck on that.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Telematics is the wave of the future. It is always correct. It never makes a mistake......mistake.....mistake......mistake........mistake

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You were told wrong. All the sensor readings, B/H door, seat belt, reverse and brake will still register.

If you don't link a DIAD to a car, telematics doesn't work.

Take a guy like Dragon, for example. Dragon says to extra driver "A", "Need you to shuttle misloads today, don't grab a board, I'll put your time in at the end of the day."

Driver "A" could ride around with all doors open, no seatbelt and middle finger high in the air and telematics would be none the wiser..

Sent using a Potato

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Do not, do not, oh yeah, do not put in a false truck number in case any of you were thinking about it. We had a driver terminated about 4 years ago for putting in a truck number he made up. He happen to make one up that actually existed, he was also making up miles the whole time.

Did I mention do not make a truck number up.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
If you don't link a DIAD to a car, telematics doesn't work.

Take a guy like Dragon, for example. Dragon says to extra driver "A", "Need you to shuttle misloads today, don't grab a board, I'll put your time in at the end of the day."

Driver "A" could ride around with all doors open, no seatbelt and middle finger high in the air and telematics would be none the wiser..

Sent using a Potato

You are right if they don't enter any car, I was talking about if the car number was keyed in not scanned. The system is getting better, but IMHO it shouldn't be used for discipline. Most Center Teams that I have contact with don't know how to recognize bad numbers.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You are right if they don't enter any car, I was talking about if the car number was keyed in not scanned. The system is getting better, but IMHO it shouldn't be used for discipline. Most Center Teams that I have contact with don't know how to recognize bad numbers.
You were right, as well. Manually entering the car number is no different from scanning the automotive barcode. You're DIAD, yourself, is bound to the car.

Not much different than scanning a package or entering the 1Z.

Respect.

Sent using a Potato