How to sum up Orion

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I was following it today and it kept making me go straight across an extremely busy street and had me skipping over stops...messaged center and said “breaking trace, causing me to sit in too much traffic and unsafe situations”
I was on a route I don't know very well yesterday and endured the same bs. Pinballing a busy highway right in the middle of peak traffic. I almost lost it, had to pull over and take a break and figure out how to work one side then go down the other. Stupid stupid stupid! One of these new guys are going to get killed turning left into busy traffic.

I was on a route I don't know very well yesterday and endured the same bs. Pinballing a busy highway right in the middle of peak traffic. I almost lost it, had to pull over and take a break and figure out how to work one side then go down the other. Stupid stupid stupid! One of these new guys are going to get killed turning left into busy traffic.
Happens ALL THE TIME.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Everytime I try to follow ORION:

And yes, I do say the word 'sucks' with a smile
It was developed to make drivers quit
Pass stops so you can deliver later out the left side of car
On a split , have the last 5 stops of your day be a business
Make the job harder than it already is by making you dig res stops out of the 7000 section while running air
Make the driver figure out what 85 90 95 percent of 150 160 170 stops is
Takes all common sense away from the job

Overpaid Union Thug

Has anybody bothered to file one yet?
To me it is a clear cut case of over-supervision, harassment and coercion.
The contract language is very clear.
Not in my center but in another center my BA represents. Ended with the classic “will comply” but not actually complying and they left ODO on and RDO blocked and the driver is still having to unscramble ODO or run it as is. Just as he/she was prior to the grievance.

Overpaid Union Thug

They also have a way to trick Orion compliance by running Orion up to a meet point. Then move that meet point up to 12:00 or so.
Maybe if they, and their counter parts in all other centers, would grow a pair and collectively tell Atlanta the truth then maybe ORION could be paused or cancelled before more money is wasted.

Blackadder 2

Orion is about saving miles.

If I ignore Oroin I can beat the Orion miles but 5 to 8 daily.

If I follow it I am over by 5 to 8 miles.

My boss has told me what really matters is the Orion %, nothing else.

So Orion is not really about saving miles, it is just meeting a number on a piece of paper so the higher ups are happy.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Orion is about saving miles.

If I ignore Oroin I can beat the Orion miles but 5 to 8 daily.

If I follow it I am over by 5 to 8 miles.

My boss has told me what really matters is the Orion %, nothing else.

So Orion is not really about saving miles, it is just meeting a number on a piece of paper so the higher ups are happy.
YES

iruhnman630

It's not a trace break if you stay on the same street.

It's not a trace break if you stay on the same street.
I will not sacrifice safety. They can tell me to stay on trace all they want. I'm not crossing a 4 lane 50 mph highway 10 times just because my dispatch tells me to. Don't care. Write me up and I'll greive it and take it as far as I need to.

JL 0513

I will not sacrifice safety. They can tell me to stay on trace all they want. I'm not crossing a 4 lane 50 mph highway 10 times just because my dispatch tells me to. Don't care. Write me up and I'll greive it and take it as far as I need to.

If you have a road like this, just identify all the stops you have for each side. Go up one side and down the other, them resume ODO. Won't be a break in trace. Yes, a pain to have to scroll and find the stops but obviously you can't be crossing such a road.

If you have a road like this, just identify all the stops you have for each side. Go up one side and down the other, them resume ODO. Won't be a break in trace. Yes, a pain to have to scroll and find the stops but obviously you can't be crossing such a road.
That's exactly what I did. I'm a cover driver and I cover 10-15 routes so I am skilled at playing the Orion game. I scroll all damn day. Get my air done, take a quick cigarette/scroll break and plan out the rest of the day. I write down streets on infos and stick them to the dash; streets that I want to make sure I get done at the time it makes sense instead of when Orion has me circling back there for no reason. So I know to scroll down and find it, and I'm in the habit of looking for hins that aren't set up for a quick grab and go and I'll just kind of stage them in front of the bulkhead door.
Little games like this make all the difference in the world. So far they have never said a word about trace, becasue I am good at playing the game. Other drivers get reamed about it. I'm ok with relenting to the stupidity a little bit as long as it doesn't make me drive unsafe. I follow trace as much as I can with multiple breaks every day depending on the severity of the Orion failure (businesses routes with pickups I basically run shelf to shelf until I get to the resies).

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Over-complicated
Randomizer of
Input
Over
Networks

Seriously, they could just put the stops in a yahtzee cup, shake them up, dump them out and you would get a route order that made just as much sense as Orion. I'll let them have that one for less than half what they paid for Orion.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
58949934_2086110348175269_5816073218494038016_n.jpg

jbrockins

I got a $20k a year raise to drive around more and deliver less. How exactly is this a bad thing?
all orion has done at our little center is given management the tool to add more routes than necessary in order to bump their own paychecks. for example, our center is small, should have run 7 routes today, but they ran 9, barely giving drivers an 8 hour paid day, and adding at least 120 miles to the center today. its bull:censored2:.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
all orion has done at our little center is given management the tool to add more routes than necessary in order to bump their own paychecks. for example, our center is small, should have run 7 routes today, but they ran 9, barely giving drivers an 8 hour paid day, and adding at least 120 miles to the center today. its bull:censored2:.

How is adding routes supposed to add to management's paychecks?

From my interactions with our management team I get the feeling that they don't understand the new rules about 9.5. They are trying to keep everyone under at any cost.

How is adding routes supposed to add to management's paychecks?

From my interactions with our management team I get the feeling that they don't understand the new rules about 9.5. They are trying to keep everyone under at any cost.
They do that here too.