How to turn a missing vacation check into a possible disciplinary hearing

Billy Boxtosser

Article 17, Paid For Time, paragraph 3 states "wages for properly selected vacations, in all instances, will be paid to the employee no later than the workday prior to their vacation. If the employee does not receive his/her vacation check, the Employer will make all reasonable efforts to provide the check the following day including delivery by Saturday or Next Day Air."

There is no penalty pay applicable here as the check was made available the day before his vacation.

(Don't you hate it when a non-Joe Union quotes the contract?)

GUESS WHAT BRO?? It's now Monday and I have no check and it's a week and 3 days since they were told I did not have my vacation check!! LET'S HERE YOUR NEXT EXCUSE FOR THE COMPANY!!!!

BLACKBALLED

Are you kidding me?if your a fairly new upser of todays generation, my guess would be you are not motivated, call payroll yourself and see what happened, you supervisor is probably some Kiss A** who has no clue like most and your center manager doesnt care about you nor does your division manager, you have to act on your own to get this resolved, quit asking the union, they are worthless as well it is not what it once was just like the employees.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you kidding me?if your a fairly new upser of todays generation, my guess would be you are not motivated, call payroll yourself and see what happened, you supervisor is probably some Kiss A** who has no clue like most and your center manager doesnt care about you nor does your division manager, you have to act on your own to get this resolved, quit asking the union, they are worthless as well it is not what it once was just like the employees.

We cannot call payroll directly.