how we treat each other on forums and how each country treats each other

It will be fine

browncafe is a website with mostly american posters.

and i dont see what difference it makes if im american criticizing america or canadian criticizing america. what matter is whether what i say or not is true.

btw current events is politics, and having different political perspectives than other doesnt justify the rudeness. and im not just talking about myself or even current events. some guy got a DUI and everyone makes fun of him for example. browncafe has default warnings that pop up about rudeness because its obviously not really enforced or followed too well.

who knows, even though americans dont take care of each other, they could have relatively the mostly polite forums.
Nothing wrong with mocking a jerk that gets a DUI. There's no reason for it. Uber has been around for a while now.

It will be fine

yea im all in favor of jokes too even at others expense but its overboard on the forum.

and like i said i bet its a reflection of something else.
Civil discourse is dying, if it ever really existed. Political discussions don't start with people agreeing on the problem and just seeing different solutions. They start with personal attacks and politician character attacks, no one even debates the policy plans.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Part of freedom of speech is everyone having their say. If you think others should not be able to criticize what you say, then you have a disconnect between what you think a right is and what it actually is.

You can either defend your position against any criticism, or you can't. You can ignore people being crass or rude, you can not take yourself so seriously and find the humor in it, or you can cry to momma about it, 'cause she's the only one who cares about your feelings.

As one of your fellow Canadians is enlightened enough to point out, high levels disagreeableness is one of the best indicators of someone's likleihood of being compensated at a higher rate. Maybe that's what makes America and American's so much better, we are a disagreeable lot.

El Correcto

god is dead
yea im all in favor of jokes too even at others expense but its overboard on the forum.

and like i said i bet its a reflection of something else.
You’re from a country where freedom of speech is not a right and censorship is rampant. I’m sorry you got a taste of the first amendment mentality Americans have. It’s not illegal to hurt someone’s feelings here.

rickyb

You’re from a country where freedom of speech is not a right and censorship is rampant. I’m sorry you got a taste of the first amendment mentality Americans have. It’s not illegal to hurt someone’s feelings here.
yea it is. you cant bully people; theres laws against it. the forum has rules against it.

canada has freedom of speech too ;).

like i said, i understand its ok to make jokes against people sometimes, but my point is its overboard on the forums and my guess that its worse on american forums than other countries because it could be a reflection of the lack of solidarity and lack of caring in general in america.

rickyb

Lord is an appellation for a person or deity who has authority, control, or power over others acting like a master, a chief, or a ruler . Sounds like a British or Canadian thing .
does "commander in chief" ring any bells?

increasingly the presidents are looking like the kings america revolted against.