How will “8.6%” inflation affect Brown?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
1676851936780.png

Over70irregs

It’s winding down.
“64% of a representative sample of nearly 4,000 U.S. consumers now say they are just getting by. That's an increase from 61% the previous year.

Among the new cohort of people who say they are newly living paycheck to paycheck, 86% pull in more than $100,000 annually, the survey found. Given that the median household income in the U.S. is $70,784, the survey shows the soaring cost of living in America is catching up to even more well-off U.S. residents.”

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
PVD’s gotta go, feeder subcontracting at peak gotta go, but IMO the most important thing the union must fight the hardest to get rid of is Surepost. Eliminating Surepost will make it very hard for them to cut package routes. Will have a positive affect on everything. They gotta 💩can Surepost.
Surepost should be simple enough. If FedEx doesn’t offer it then we don’t either.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It’s winding down.
“64% of a representative sample of nearly 4,000 U.S. consumers now say they are just getting by. That's an increase from 61% the previous year.

Among the new cohort of people who say they are newly living paycheck to paycheck, 86% pull in more than $100,000 annually, the survey found. Given that the median household income in the U.S. is $70,784, the survey shows the soaring cost of living in America is catching up to even more well-off U.S. residents.”

Glad that I am not the only one noticing what is happening..making 100,000 on one income is not cutting it now. Sure a couple can hang in there, but what happens when they are counting on one pay check to cover the increasing bills. Sure we will get that dollar + per hour raise over the next 5 years. It will not relieve any of this collapse of the American Dream, owning a home, comfortable retirement and affordable health care. The die is set, so work yourself for 30 + years and pray for good genes and healthy living, very few of us will leave healthy, wealthy or wise. Most of the the jobs with this company are designed to destroy your bodies over time, forget about the mental part of it and the toll on our families.

Glad that I am not the only one noticing what is happening..making 100,000 on one income is not cutting it now. Sure a couple can hang in there, but what happens when they are counting on one pay check to cover the increasing bills. Sure we will get that dollar + per hour raise over the next 5 years. It will not relieve any of this collapse of the American Dream, owning a home, comfortable retirement and affordable health care. The die is set, so work yourself for 30 + years and pray for good genes and healthy living, very few of us will leave healthy, wealthy or wise. Most of the the jobs with this company are designed to destroy your bodies over time, forget about the mental part of it and the toll on our families.
That's why these Young bucks need to understand why it's important to stay out of debt

DELACROIX

That's why these Young bucks need to understand why it's important to stay out of debt

Unfortunately staying out of debt will only delay the end process. Traditional Pension Plans are being gutted in favor of 401K
's, rising Health Care costs are hurting our coverages forcing us into paying more into co-pays and deductibles and forget about affordable retirement health care coverage, companies are now extending the retirement age closer to age 65 just to prevent paying for their early retirees. The Company just eliminated it's management pension plan and will raise their annual Health and Welfare co-pays to save a buck, the same can happen to the collective bargaining employees.

I have a 765 dollar mortgage on a house that I bought 13 years ago...3 bedroom pre-civil war carpenter gothic, excellent condition, 1800 square foot on 3/4 an acre...3 story detached garage/studio, 1200 sq foot. Just read what an 1 bedroom apartment rental would cost in the same area...1,100 a month, a 3 bedroom house 2,400...

Frankly I do not see how people are doing it, especially on the West and East coasts....

Unfortunately staying out of debt will only delay the end process. Traditional Pension Plans are being gutted in favor of 401K
's, rising Health Care costs are hurting our coverages forcing us into paying more into co-pays and deductibles and forget about affordable retirement health care coverage, companies are now extending the retirement age closer to age 65 just to prevent paying for their early retirees. The Company just eliminated it's management pension plan and will raise their annual Health and Welfare co-pays to save a buck, the same can happen to the collective bargaining employees.

I have a 765 dollar mortgage on a house that I bought 13 years ago...3 bedroom pre-civil war carpenter gothic, excellent condition, 1800 square foot on 3/4 an acre...3 story detached garage/studio, 1200 sq foot. Just read what an 1 bedroom apartment rental would cost in the same area...1,100 a month, a 3 bedroom house 2,400...

Frankly I do not see how people are doing it, especially on the West and East coasts....
People need to figure out the difference between wants and needs

Over70irregs

100%

It’s winding down.

Biggest change my family has made is we don’t eat out anymore…..at all. We don’t buy drinks anywhere except from a grocery store. Eating out once a week is a minimum $500/month. Can’t afford that.

DELACROIX

Biggest change my family has made is we don’t eat out anymore…..at all. We don’t buy drinks anywhere except from a grocery store. Eating out once a week is a minimum $500/month. Can’t afford that.

Pay cash for a good used car is smart also. I have a neighbor that has two brand new vehicles, had to be financing at over 1,000 a month over a 7 year loan.

The overall reasoning is “eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die”…😋