UPS Teamsters, Save Money and Prepare for a Strike August 1st 2013.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Why can't the TDU staff just press "record" on a smart phone and upload the conference call onto their site instead of leaking the number? I get the feeling they've got some jackass in a TDU local sitting on "fax watch" 24/7 so he can snatch up anything with the Small Package Division letterhead and upload it.

I have no qualms with TDU disseminating the information amongst the membership but half the stewards in my hub couldn't even get on the call last time because it was leaked 4 or 5 days in advance. Just have some ****ing tact.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I scheduled 2 weeks of vacation during the strike period in 1997...any forward thinking individual who lives paycheck to paycheck should do the same...at that time I was not in the "paycheck to paycheck" scenario, my kids were very young, and we had a big camping trip arranged prior to the stoppage...I still took my older daughter to the picket line (aged 11 yrs. old) at that time, and my wife delivered homemade cookies to all of the starving truck-drivers w/ my youngest daughter

twoweeled

STRIKE!! I am pt 7years loading reload and broke so going on strike wont make a big difference.
Sad thing is most of the fellow pts have no idea how they are going to get screwed and the morale is
to a point they just don't care most say they will quit. None feel like they get paid near what they should now, Seems to me UPS wants to do away with all part time employees.

Part timers don't get paid what they should! Ups won't do away with them, because of that. When I was real young, I might have just quit too! Not the right thing to do, but I probably would have.