UPS Teamsters, Save Money and Prepare for a Strike August 1st 2013.

twoweeled

To all the Teamster Brothers and Sisters at UPS it's time that we all start saving some money for August 1st. The negotiations did not go well as neither side was willing to come to an agreement on the issue of healthcare. It is apparent that the greedy bastard, Scott Davis, a working-class hater will not budge. Our union thus far has not sold-us out and lets hope they don't either.

Thus far, negotiations have come to an end and there is no date in sight of when they will resume.

As our brothers and sisters prepare for a possible strike at AT&T this week, we UPSers should stand in solidarity with them.

If UPS does not budge, let it be known that we Teamsters are prepared to stand our ground on the picket line this August 1st.

SOLIDARITY!

I think we would be wise to listen to what your saying. My guess, is that we will have to strike. Scott Davis has to validate his huge bonuses someway. Just think what kind of bonus he will be in for, if he can pull this off? Even management doesn't like the way things have gone downhill. The company is quickly becoming third rate. We should prepare to strike, and accept that we probably have to strike. Of course as we get closer, we will see the nads start to shrink up, and people talking about their bills. But if we accept what is being done and offered, then we deserve that hell that is part of that package! (pardon the pun, honestly)

Notcool

STRIKE!! I am pt 7years loading reload and broke so going on strike wont make a big difference.
Sad thing is most of the fellow pts have no idea how they are going to get screwed and the morale is
to a point they just don't care most say they will quit. None feel like they get paid near what they should now, Seems to me UPS wants to do away with all part time employees.

rudy5150

STRIKE!! I am pt 7years loading reload and broke so going on strike wont make a big difference.
Sad thing is most of the fellow pts have no idea how they are going to get screwed and the morale is
to a point they just don't care most say they will quit. None feel like they get paid near what they should now, Seems to me UPS wants to do away with all part time employees.

They actually have more part timers working now than ever before for the volume we have in our center.....but of course our start times are pushed back so we have less time to do the job though. Drivers never leave the building on time

Griff

You are 100% wrong. They want ALL part time employees and less full time jobs.

They would want drivers to be part time if they could figure out a cost effective way to break the shift into 4 hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you don't like the company, yet you are the one who chose to work here, and you disrepect the union leadership (if that's what it can be called). Sounds like you'd be better off in the national statistic of 7.7% unemployement. Why not simply be thankful for what you have instead of being a continued part of the problem in todays society.

I'm happy with what I have but strive for more. It's why America has become the great country it is. Now I don't believe I deserve it just given to me I'm willing to work for it but I want more.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This will be interesting. Say we strike for 2 weeks. The exodus of part timers could be such that it takes ups a few weeks just to hire the employees needed to sufficiently staff part time shifts.

DiligentUPSer

As a 9 year part-timer, I'm with you on most of that. To me it appears as though UPS wants to do away with the veteran part-timers (anyone who has been with UPS for a few years or more) since we make significantly more than starting part-timers. With technology now, these new guys don't need to know how to do anything other than how to stack boxes. New hires also don't know or care about the UPS compensation package other than the tuition reimbursement, which is why they come work for UPS. Rarely do these new guys stick around anymore. This healthcare proposal combined with the rumor of no raises for the duration of the contract, in my opinion, is a way to send veteran part-timers out the door (because what's the incentive to stay?) and turn this place into a revolving door of new hires even more so than it already is.

Griff

Sure - That's the immediate answer from the 20% of the union workforce. 80% like what they do and are just happy to have a job, but the other 20% (you included) have no right to talk greed, because you also fit the mold. You always have the option of filling out your complaint form (a fast-food application). Be thankful and not hateful!

Oh look, a 5 post wonder has appeared from the bowels of Atlanta.

When talking about a PT working wage that has stagnated for around 30 years. You'd think whatever college you crawled out from under would of taught you about inflation. Guess not.

How exactly do you compare that to a CEO's pay that ballooned from $5.4mil in 2008 to $11.5mil in 2011?

Seriously, tell me how you can relate those two things under the same umbrella of GREED.

Talk about being an apologist for the American corporate greed complex...

stink219

Stewards contract update on Saturday. I'll be giving the info to my peeps on Monday. Lets wait and see what hall informs us of before we cast dispersions.

preload1

To all the Teamster Brothers and Sisters at UPS it's time that we all start saving some money for August 1st. The negotiations did not go well as neither side was willing to come to an agreement on the issue of healthcare. It is apparent that the greedy bastard, Scott Davis, a working-class hater will not budge. Our union thus far has not sold-us out and lets hope they don't either.

Thus far, negotiations have come to an end and there is no date in sight of when they will resume.

As our brothers and sisters prepare for a possible strike at AT&T this week, we UPSers should stand in solidarity with them.

If UPS does not budge, let it be known that we Teamsters are prepared to stand our ground on the picket line this August 1st.

SOLIDARITY!
And I for one look forward to the day when you are no longer called Teamsters but Contractors. Welcome to the real world.

balland chain

Right on !! Atlanta is way out of touch..Heck the pt wages (unless your a red circle) have gone down, way down.. it would be nice to have doubled our hourly rate like Davis' salary did, much less the scratch he makes in options..

stink219

yea, I hope the phone lines will not be tied up like last time!
That was because a certain website posted the number for the stewards conference call. Since there were a limited number of lines, some stewards couldn't get on. Just another tactic for said website to divide us as Teamsters.

Drink Craft Beer

They actually have more part timers working now than ever before for the volume we have in our center.....but of course our start times are pushed back so we have less time to do the job though. Drivers never leave the building on time

Same here. Start times have been pushed back and then they wonder why we can't get through 570% when starting at 5:30am. Supervison is now telling the scanners they're expected to scan 30 packages a minute with the Sup (at times) standing there timing them. They keep "making up" these new quota requirements.

Just more bullying / harassment scare tactics.

Drink Craft Beer

As a 9 year part-timer, I'm with you on most of that. To me it appears as though UPS wants to do away with the veteran part-timers (anyone who has been with UPS for a few years or more) since we make significantly more than starting part-timers. With technology now, these new guys don't need to know how to do anything other than how to stack boxes. New hires also don't know or care about the UPS compensation package other than the tuition reimbursement, which is why they come work for UPS. Rarely do these new guys stick around anymore. This healthcare proposal combined with the rumor of no raises for the duration of the contract, in my opinion, is a way to send veteran part-timers out the door (because what's the incentive to stay?) and turn this place into a revolving door of new hires even more so than it already is.
Couldn't agree more. I've been a PT'er for 11 years and for the last 3-4yrs my buttons have been pushed so many times to try to get me to meltdown, walkout and quit.

It's alway nice to be asked why I did something this way and when I reply "because I was told to" I hear the reply of "heaven forbid you think for yourself for once.

Or comeback from vacation and be told 'what a stellar job the person did filling in for me', even though they've only done the job a handful of times and didn't come close to the production I give.

kingOFchester

Stewards contract update on Saturday. I'll be giving the info to my peeps on Monday. Lets wait and see what hall informs us of before we cast dispersions.

Can someone give me just one benefit to not posting the info on their website and doing a damn phone call???

Stupid.