UPS Teamsters, Save Money and Prepare for a Strike August 1st 2013.

Evil

To all the Teamster Brothers and Sisters at UPS it's time that we all start saving some money for August 1st. The negotiations did not go well as neither side was willing to come to an agreement on the issue of healthcare. It is apparent that the greedy bastard, Scott Davis, a working-class hater will not budge. Our union thus far has not sold-us out and lets hope they don't either.

Thus far, negotiations have come to an end and there is no date in sight of when they will resume.

As our brothers and sisters prepare for a possible strike at AT&T this week, we UPSers should stand in solidarity with them.

If UPS does not budge, let it be known that we Teamsters are prepared to stand our ground on the picket line this August 1st.

SOLIDARITY!

kingOFchester

If UPS does not budge, let it be known that we Teamsters are prepared to stand our ground on the picket line this August 1st.

SOLIDARITY!

Meanwhile.......our negotiating committee is probably lounging in the sun, hitting the links and having cocktails with the UPS negotiators.......ON OUR DIME!

Atomic_Smurf

Health care was decided just over 3 years ago when our historical president signed the affordable care act into law. Now it's just a matter of time, sadly. Striking won't repeal Obamacare or relieve the company of the liabilities from it.

"I don't expect to be able to end employer plans immediately. I invision there will be some transition period, a decade, fifteen, twenty years out." -Barrack Obama 2007

This is the "transition"....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I can already hear the echos of what is to come, no diff than 2008. "Vote Yes It's a Good Contract", comes to mind.
Hey union brass, don't tell me what to do.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been preaching this for a few months at my center.

The most common answer I get is I can't afford to strike but I can't afford the insurance. What do I do?

rudy5150

(Reuters) - AT&T Inc (T.N) said workers in California, Nevada and Connecticut have begun strike action over labor contracts even as the company reached a tentative agreement covering nearly 22,000 workers in its South region.
AT&T said on Tuesday it was unfortunate that local union leaders had called for the strike after the company had reached agreements with the Communications Workers of America CWA and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) in other regions.

InsideUPS

I've been preaching this for a few months at my center.

The most common answer I get is I can't afford to strike but I can't afford the insurance. What do I do?

Brownslave688....I would tell your co-workers not to worry. There is still plenty of time for a fair agreement and time is on our side. Scott Davis is going to feel the pressure as the news outlets become aware of our stalemate at the bargaining table. Wall Street will not respond favorably and will undoubtably put pressure on him to negotiate in earnest with Hall and Hoffa. That "Last, Best, and Final" offer is still a few months away. As I and others have mentioned many times before on BC.....there are other means to winning this game other than striking. Wall Street may be our best ally against Scott Davis and Team.

Screen shot 2013-03-22 at 12.19.56 AM.png
Screen shot 2013-03-22 at 12.19.56 AM.png

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can already hear the echos of what is to come, no diff than 2008. "Vote Yes It's a Good Contract", comes to mind.
Hey union brass, don't tell me what to do.

Hey you scab!
Fall in line and do exactly what the Union tells you to do.
We are only strong in Solidarity and no individual thought is needed.

To all the Teamster Brothers and Sisters at UPS it's time that we all start saving some money for August 1st. The negotiations did not go well as neither side was willing to come to an agreement on the issue of healthcare. It is apparent that the greedy bastard, Scott Davis, a working-class hater will not budge. Our union thus far has not sold-us out and lets hope they don't either.

Thus far, negotiations have come to an end and there is no date in sight of when they will resume.

As our brothers and sisters prepare for a possible strike at AT&T this week, we UPSers should stand in solidarity with them.

SOLIDARITY!
No offense but negotiations are also scheduled for next week too.

Evil

Oh, so you're telling me that Hoffa and Hall are trying to work out some more things with their Golf buddy Scott Davis?

How Many trucks have James Hoffa, hall and Scott Davis driven?

So you don't like the company, yet you are the one who chose to work here, and you disrepect the union leadership (if that's what it can be called). Sounds like you'd be better off in the national statistic of 7.7% unemployement. Why not simply be thankful for what you have instead of being a continued part of the problem in todays society.

Sure - That's the immediate answer from the 20% of the union workforce. 80% like what they do and are just happy to have a job, but the other 20% (you included) have no right to talk greed, because you also fit the mold. You always have the option of filling out your complaint form (a fast-food application). Be thankful and not hateful!

804brown

So you don't like the company, yet you are the one who chose to work here, and you disrepect the union leadership (if that's what it can be called). Sounds like you'd be better off in the national statistic of 7.7% unemployement. Why not simply be thankful for what you have instead of being a continued part of the problem in todays society.

Well, maybe he "chooses" (read: has to) to work here BECAUSE the unemployment rate is 7.7%!!

The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
ECS

Maybe he "chooses" to work here because he knows he got lucky in getting a job period, and now when looking in the mirror, no one else would hire him. Also, you must be of the same mindset, without oppotunity to have an open mind. The reference to the 7.7 meant he shouldn't be working anywhere because of lack of accountability or appreciation of the hand that God has delt him.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
During a strike, do the union officials get a paycheck? I would think they would lose money like us and not get any type of pay?

Non sequitur

Sure - That's the immediate answer from the 20% of the union workforce. 80% like what they do and are just happy to have a job, but the other 20% (you included) have no right to talk greed, because you also fit the mold. You always have the option of filling out your complaint form (a fast-food application). Be thankful and not hateful!
Just be thankful you have a job! Wow, maybe UPS should be thankful that they have a very productive workforce. We are not cattle, or maybe you like the Chinese capitalist model. Economies are made for people, not people for economies. That is whats wrong with America, people are not valued. Try reading some of Jim Casey's quotes, he had a moral capitalist view.