How would you sheet a RTS delivery that asks for COD?

Scuderia

Just curious. I had to deliver a package back to the original sender (RTS), but the diad still asked me to collect money from them. Basically collect money on their own property. How would you sheet this?

Z

ZQXC

Just curious. I had to deliver a package back to the original sender (RTS), but the diad still asked me to collect money from them. Basically collect money on their own property. How would you sheet this?

The information about a package is more important than the package itself; you must be new.

Anytime that bar code is scanned, the COD amount must be entered (or a reason given for non-entry).

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah, if it is a return package the COD amount won't be added to your COD collection totals but you still need to enter the amount for tracking purposes.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's right. If you have a problem with it then contact every on car/manager I've ever had and state your case.

It's logical if you think about it. The COD amount is irrelevant when being returned to the shipper because it is a return. Designating it is such nullifies the now irrelevant COD charges that do not need to be paid by the original receiver. They chose not to keep the package and so didn't have to pay for the package. My center has been doing it this way for as long as I can remember.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's right. If you have a problem with it then contact every on car/manager I've ever had and state your case.

It's logical if you think about it. The COD amount is irrelevant when being returned to the shipper because it is a return. Designating it is such nullifies the now irrelevant COD charges that do not need to be paid by the original receiver. They chose not to keep the package and so didn't have to pay for the package. My center has been doing it this way for as long as I can remember.

Wrong.

You need to put the COD amount in there because of the service code (72) of the package.

Sheeting it as a return will not add the COD amount to your total turn in.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wrong.

You need to put the COD amount in there because of the service code (72) of the package.

Sheeting it as a return will not add the COD amount to your total turn in.
The service code is irrelevant at this point. Whether or not the COD amount is added to the total turn in is irrelevant at this point. The package is being returned to the sender and the service level (COD) is no longer relevant because money will not be collected. At this point we are no longer delivering a COD. The package is now a return. Not a COD. Hitting return indicates that. There is no need to enter a collection amount (even if it is 0) for a package that is no longer meant to receive a payment because the package is no longer a COD. It's pretty simple logic and I would imagine that's why my center has continued to have us sheet it that way for so many years without even one mention of it causing any problems. Flame me all you want but pushing a little red X isn't going to reverse logic or the fact that my center has been instructing us to sheet returned CODs this way for a very long time.

Overpaid Union Thug

Entering the COD amount is the correct method.
It's no longer a COD. Like I said earlier....call my center's management team, and any of the former, and express your opinion. If we were wrong I can assure you they would have put a stop to it a long time ago. It may be one of those things where either way is acceptable but I can assure you they chose our way because it is the logical way. And knowing my current supervisors I'd be willing to bet that they also chose our way because us not entering the COD amount ensures that a red flag doesn't come up somewhere and because designating that the package is a return (which it is at that point) doesn't either.

Overpaid Union Thug

Why didn't you call your supervisor and get the answer to this question?

That's actually a good point because the answer isn't in the methods. Not any that I've read anyway. All I can go by is my local practice. And Logically speaking.....it's probably the better way.
You mean his opinion would weigh more than upstates? Surely you jest.

Now thats' funny right there.

ManInBrown

First time I had one of these I had no clue how to sheet as well. Pkg Info-return to sender is what I believe it says from that screen

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Logically the right way would be to sheet the package with the information that is on the label.

Does it make a difference? Probably not but your center is technically not sheeting COD returns correctly.