How would you sheet a RTS delivery that asks for COD?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's no longer a COD. Like I said earlier....call my center's management team, and any of the former, and express your opinion. If we were wrong I can assure you they would have put a stop to it a long time ago. It may be one of those things where either way is acceptable but I can assure you they chose our way because it is the logical way. And knowing my current supervisors I'd be willing to bet that they also chose our way because us not entering the COD amount ensures that a red flag doesn't come up somewhere and because designating that the package is a return (which it is at that point) doesn't either.
Wrong.

Overpaid Union Thug

I would think that the red flag would come up when a package that was shipped and delivery attempted with a COD amount is returned without one.

Hence the purpose of designating it as a RETURN. When have we ever forced the shipper to pay the COD for a package that we return to them? That makes absolutely no sense at all. That is why it is senseless to enter a COD amount at the point of return. We don't charge them for their own product. That was supposed to be handled by the receiver and, for whatever reason, they didn't pay and it was RETURNed.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Upstate is right in this instance. The shipper would not be charged for the COD for obvious reasons.

Overpaid Union Thug

Upstate is right in this instance. The shipper would not be charged for the COD for obvious reasons.
He is not right nor wrong per say. His method is accepted at his particular building. Mine is the norm in my area. Logically speaking though.... the COD ammount is no longer relevant in these situations and that's why we are told to tag the packages as Returns.

Johney

I've been out of package for a while, but doesn't the DIAD prompt you for a reason for return? NM3,NI3,CLO3,REFUSED,etc?

By The Book

It depends on how the clerk in the center of the receiver handles their end.
I guess all I can add to this thread is at some point you scan the barcode. The diad prompts you for the cod amount. You enter it. If you scan a barcode on every pkg you deliver, which you should, you will encounter this every time. I don't think your centers way of sheeting cod returns will fly in Clarksville.

oldngray

nowhere special
All you need to do is remember how return COD packages were sheeted before the use of DIAD's started. Then, as now, you enter the amount of the COD. No return ever counted as a net COD nor would you show any money due for those packages.

Z

ZQXC

Question for Overpaid?

I am not clear on how you are getting past the screen that prompts you to enter the Cod amount. Are you typing in a non- entry reason on line 2, or do you have some sequence of key strokes that takes you beyond that screen with no entry on line 1 or 2?

Z

ZQXC

Local practices always prevail.

I am too old, and too close to the finish line to argue with these crazy bastards anymore; I work as directed.

I haven't recorded a business as CL for at least 10 years; always NI. We had some punk (flash in the pan) center manager once tell us never to record a business as CL, and from that day on I haven't. Don't want to know the back story, don't care. Just keep pressing forward.

box_beeyotch

Who cares either way. This is one of the dumbest arguements I've seen on here yet lol. How often does anyone have a COD let alone an RTS one??