How would you sheet a RTS delivery that asks for COD?

Overpaid Union Thug

You can sheet business as NI1, that's what I was instructed to do for airs at wal mart when I couldn't get on a dock before 1030 since they only have one open slot.
Those Walmart dock deliveries can be quite frustrating in situations where you can't get dock space quickly or if no one is answering the door. Especially if you have NDAs for both the dock and the front inside deliveries.

box_beeyotch

Those Walmart dock deliveries can be quite frustrating in situations where you can't get dock space quickly or if no one is answering the door. Especially if you have NDAs for both the dock and the front inside deliveries.

Oh yeah you always have the dock and vision center. I hate covering the route with wal mart on it. The workers are lazy cry babies...but then again if I worked for slave wages and was treated like garbage I guess I would be too.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It depends on how the clerk in the center of the receiver handles their end.
The clerk won't change anything. If you tag it as RTS they scan it, hit F10, put the labels on it, and send it on it's way.
This is one of the dumbest arguements I've seen on here yet lol. How often does anyone have a COD let alone an RTS one??
We still get quite a few in my center. Mostly rural businesses and dress shops.
We get warning letters for that here...
Always amazing how many places hand out warning letters like candy.

BrownArmy

What if their not actually closed though and they really are not in? That's not unheard of.

Where I am, that's 'closed'.

NI for resi stops, CL for business stops.

Like I said, it sounds like other centers handle this differently, I'm just describing how it works in my center.

Overpaid Union Thug

What if their not actually closed though and they really are not in? That's not unheard of.
When there is no answer how I handle it depends on how much air I have, how much time I have, and how much room there is in the trailer (which is what all of our Walmarts are del out of. Last time it happened I got there at 915 so I sheeted the NDAs for the dock first, then a delivery notice, then prerecorded it. I then filled out the info notice and left it on the door to the stock room. I pulled around to the front and separated the dock pieces from the front store pieces and went back into the prerecorded dock stop and scanned the ground as I moved them and completed the stop as NI1 because (per the instructions I had been given the first time that happened) they are not in at the dock but are open. Afterwards I delivered the front inside deliveries. That particular time I didn't have to go back but I have been sent back before. Once I went three times in one day. One time I had to sheet the NDAs for the back separately and come back to deliver ground because I didn't enough time. Like I said....it all depends on how much time I have. But I always us NI in those situations. CL is only for when the business is actually not open for business.

box_beeyotch

When there is no answer how I handle it depends on how much air I have, how much time I have, and how much room there is in the trailer (which is what all of our Walmarts are del out of. Last time it happened I got there at 915 so I sheeted the NDAs for the dock first, then a delivery notice, then prerecorded it. I then filled out the info notice and left it on the door to the stock room. I pulled around to the front and separated the dock pieces from the front store pieces and went back into the prerecorded dock stop and scanned the ground as I moved them and completed the stop as NI1 because (per the instructions I had been given the first time that happened) they are not in at the dock but are open. Afterwards I delivered the front inside deliveries. That particular time I didn't have to go back but I have been sent back before. Once I went three times in one day. One time I had to sheet the NDAs for the back separately and come back to deliver ground because I didn't enough time. Like I said....it all depends on how much time I have. But I always us NI in those situations. CL is only for when the business is actually not open for business.

Sounds about right. Not in and closed are two totally different things. You deliver wal Mart out of a trailer?

Overpaid Union Thug

That is falsifying. I took the air to the walk in door and brought the ground later.
It's not falsifying if they are open but won't answer the door. We are permitted to sheet as NI in those situations at Walmart (and some others too). Our supervisors used to really sweat Walmart but eventually got sick of the one that does that to us frequently and now they have our backs when they won't answer the door. I love it.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
When did this thread become about Walmart?!!! There's a thread for that!! Use the search function!!!

As for then original topic, sheet the thingie with your thingie by entering a thingie by hitting the soft key thingie and then stop complete that thingie!?

Got it!?!

For realz though, at least here, zero out the amount enter return as a reason. If you disagree, explain to my why you can even do that because I've been doing it that way long before we could get COD release authorizations.

FilingBluesFL

Oh yeah you always have the dock and vision center. I hate covering the route with wal mart on it. The workers are lazy cry babies...but then again if I worked for slave wages and was treated like garbage I guess I would be too.

I was never paid slave wages, nor was I mistreated when I worked at Wal-Mart.

We even got a yearly bonus based on store profit sharing... $200-500 check most years.

And if I ever caught anyone stealing, I'd get a gift card in the amount of the merchandise being lifted.

Also when I worked there, they would give out "Good Job" pins worth 1/16 of a share of stock, and "Great Job" pins worth 4/16 of a share of stock. Get enough, trade it in for a share.

Not a bad gig.

rod

Retired 22 years
Also when I worked there, they would give out "Good Job" pins worth 1/16 of a share of stock, and "Great Job" pins worth 4/16 of a share of stock. Get enough, trade it in for a share.

Not a bad gig.

That incentive program wouldn't cost UPS hardly anything. Its probably the worst company in the world to work for if you are looking for a pat on the back and told you are doing a good job.