How's the view???........

This is an amazing pic I took on my route, my iphone camera doesnt do it justice. I was at 1400 feet, looking southwest down into the valley below. From this point you can see 40 miles or more. There was a thunderstorm coming in, and I could look down into the valley and literally see a "rain line" moving slowly from west to east. There were lightning flashes, and I could hear the thunder. I was far enough away (about 8 or 9 miles) that the sound of the thunder took about 10 seconds to reach me. It would reverbate and echo off of both walls of the valley. I wanted to snap the pic at the moment of a lightning flash, but I was always a second or two too slow. You can see that the gravel road I am parked on is bone dry; 20 minutes after I took this picture there was an inch of hail covering it and rain was flooding the ditches on either side.

stormclouds.jpg

Oh yea? Where's the hail boobies?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Get off the friend-in computer and do it yourself, slacker.

Holy crap, do you know how heavy shingles are??? And it would require carrying them up a ladder. I'm old, I want nothing to do with it!!

Let's see......strip off the old shingles, repair/replace any damaged plywood and remove any stray nails, sweep off the roof, put down the ice dam membrane and roof felt, lay down the first course, stagger the second, cap off the peak....or....write a check and come home to a new roof.

Pay to the order of: Work Smarter, Not Harder