How's the view???........

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Cementups, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ol'browneye

ol'browneye Active Member

OK:whiteflag:

2. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

You might be a redneck if........

I dont know what's worse; the flag, the folding chairs they probably stole from a church or the half burned Keystone Light box in the ashes.

3. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Nice rack!!

4. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

red rock country 009.jpg

red rock country 015.jpg

red rock country 013.jpg

Here are some new pics from today, same rte, on the other side of the crick.
    red rock country 009.jpgred rock country 015.jpgred rock country 013.jpg

5. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

That's a nice buck that *** shot. Was that one tine broken when he shot it or did it come of from the fall/

6. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

From last spring...the sand storm season...West Texas snow

[​IMG]

sunset Texas style
    [​IMG]

7. Paid-over-in-Maine

Paid-over-in-Maine 15 more years of this!

LMAO!

8. ol'browneye

It was broken when he shot it. There is also a drop tine on the other side but it is hidden in the leaves.

9. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

govols............the worst is a red tractor........all social climbing rednecks know that John Deere is the way to go and they are green with yellow trims. Even rednecks have 'standards'.

10. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Darn, Dilli, you beat me to it! There is nothin' like a nice rack!

11. over9five

....or shepherd

12. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

Obama Election Headquarters?

13. over9five

Right now at my house. Snowing hard, only a passing squall?

14. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

during peak....PC-500 260+ stops, 350+ packages, taken from the bulk head door
    PIC-0061.jpg

15. kingOFchester

My Caribbean stop!
    PIC-0052.jpg

16. ol'browneye

Gee, thanks for noticing guys! :blushing2:

17. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

I'm surprised to see my old preloader is still employeed

18. kingOFchester

LOL

In is defence, he was a seasonal hire loading 4 trucks. Kind of pissed me off to see him actualy tossing the packages in from the slide. His excuse was that there wasn't enough room. That was certainly true, but it could of been less of a cluster Fudge, had someone shown him how to improve a load. What tripped me off the most during my peak experiece was how every day I came in they added another 10-25 stops...ALL to the 8,000 section. Some of the other shelf spaces only had 20-30 stops spa'd to them. By 1pm I was working from the 8,000 shelf. But, what diffrence does it really make when it comes down to that kind of work load in a 500. The other problem i was having was I was running what I think you would call a split route?? I had work from a bunch of other routes. So I would be in one area for an hour, then drive 10-15 miles away to another area. No big deal, until you find that package that was suppose to be dropped off in the first area. Sorry about the ramble, i am sure you all live with it day in and day out. Just feels good to vent. One last thing, started UPS a year and 1/2 ago. Weighed 235lbs. Quickly dropped and leveled out at 205lbs. By the end of peak I was down another 10lbs. Now I am at 210 and still climbing. I give you drivers a lot of credit. hard work.

My heaviest day was 297 stops, and a little over 100 miles. The last 20 stops I pulled off another driver

19. Jim Kemp

Jim Kemp Active Member

This is the kind of stuff I was talking about in the thread a thought from a dumb driver. WHY IS THIS EVER ACCEPTIBLE? My loader does this all the time and the mgt. never says a word to him.

20. UPSNewbie

UPSNewbie New Member

When I worked preload for one day, I at least made the "pile" "orderly," stacked very neatly. everything was somehow accessible. What a crazy world.