How's the view???........

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Everybody in my Center moved up on the seniority list one spot today, our senior driver worked his last day. Charlie is almost 69, he could have retired several years ago. He finished his six weeks of vacation and came in and worked every single day. Great guy, I always considered him to be a mentor to me.

charliebrownlastday.jpg

upsgrunt

Everybody in my Center moved up on the seniority list one spot today, our senior driver worked his last day. Charlie is almost 69, he could have retired several years ago. He finished his six weeks of vacation and came in and worked every single day. Great guy, I always considered him to be a mentor to me.

View attachment 121939

How does the guy in the back get away with the beard?

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 121939

Are you sure that guy in the back with the beard isn't a gang member who just snuck into the building? Between dirty trucks and slovenly looking drivers I'm surprised UPS is still in business.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How does the guy in the back get away with the beard?

You can get a note from a quack doctor saying you all of a sudden started getting skin irritations from shaving. Even though you didn't have problems for the twenty years you worked before then. Most of these guy's beards look like crap anyways. Our center manager will bring up the must have doctor's note thing from time to time. I knew the rules when I applied for the job. I had long hair and I cut it short so that I could make three times as much money. It was a no-brainer to me, I don't care for the homeless person look myself.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You can get a note from a quack doctor saying you all of a sudden started getting skin irritations from shaving. Even though you didn't have problems for the twenty years you worked before then. Most of these guy's beards look like crap anyways. Our center manager will bring up the must have doctor's note thing from time to time. I knew the rules when I applied for the job. I had long hair and I cut it short so that I could make three times as much money. It was a no-brainer to me, I don't care for the homeless person look myself.

But you weren't entitled like the people they hire now. Now everyone feels they don't have to adhere to the rules and there should be exemptions just for them because that's how they want it to be.

oldupsman

Are you sure that guy in the back with the beard isn't a gang member who just snuck into the building? Between dirty trucks and slovenly looking drivers I'm surprised UPS is still in business.

The last thing I used to do before I left the locker room in the morning was stand in front of the
mirror and check my appearance. And the package cars I see anymore are a freakin disgrace.

Cementups

Box Monkey
What does his skin color have to do with medical or religous beard exemptions?

I asked once why they got exceptions and that is EXACTLY what I was told. The person I asked said African-Americans are more susceptible to razor bumps and ingrown hairs than others. I asked them to explain all those issues on my neck then on my fair Irish skin. They had no answer for me.
And the fact of me pointing out he was black was just based on fact. In our area they seem to be the only ones who get expeditions base on medical or religion.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The last thing I used to do before I left the locker room in the morning was stand in front of the
mirror and check my appearance. And the package cars I see anymore are a freakin disgrace.
Ours are washed by Stevie Wonder and Zombie Ray Charles on the outside and by nobody inside except me, it seems.