How's the view???........

over9five

Staff member
No wasn't anything like that. I had my 4 wheeler in reverse and stood up to change the angle of the plow. My knee hit the throttle and it took off so fast in reverse centrifugal force kept me from stopping it. I was hanging on so as to not go over the handlebars. I was only about 8 feet away when it took off but I think I was going full speed when I hit. My insurance man said that was a new one on him.
Old guy talk for "I hit the gas instead of the brake"!

old levi's

blank space
103_1242.JPG
103_1298.JPG
103_1319.JPG

old levi's

blank space
Beautiful!!!!! Savannah?

Yes. The first picture is the approach road that continues for almost a mile to the ruins of a tabby house built in 1740. Next picture was taken from Savage Island, and the third is one of countless beautiful homes in Savannah.
That particular home overlooks the expanse of Forsyth Square.

103_1316.JPG

Whitelexus

Yes. The first picture is the approach road that continues for almost a mile to the ruins of a tabby house built in 1740. Next picture was taken from Savage Island, and the third is one of countless beautiful homes in Savannah.
That particular home overlooks the expanse of Forsyth Square.

View attachment 238416
I can’t wait to visit! It looks so romantic! Hope you had/are having a wonderful time!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As soon as you arrive leave your vehicle at one of the many parking garages. The historic section is easy to explore on foot. If you want to move quickly, jump on the DOT bus ( free, and you get on or off at any of the designated stops.)
I just checked home prices on Zillow out of curiosity, it's a lot more affordable than I would have guessed.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can’t wait to visit! It looks so romantic! Hope you had/are having a wonderful time!!
My wife and one of her gal friends took a trip there after reading a book they enjoyed that took place in Savannah.(Midnight in the Garden of Eden or something like that). They checked into a bed and breakfast and the owners had given them the honeymoon suite complete with a heart shaped bed and red velvet covers. The owners just assumed they were lesbians. My wife and her friend were so flabbergasted they left and didn't even ask for a refund.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
No wasn't anything like that. I had my 4 wheeler in reverse and stood up to change the angle of the plow. My knee hit the throttle and it took off so fast in reverse centrifugal force kept me from stopping it. I was hanging on so as to not go over the handlebars. I was only about 8 feet away when it took off but I think I was going full speed when I hit. My insurance man said that was a new one on him.
You are making an insurance claim?
I have a Garage Door Guy that would fix everything for less than your deductible.

rod

Retired 22 years
You are making an insurance claim?
I have a Garage Door Guy that would fix everything for less than your deductible.

Fighting with the insurance company now. Estimates came in at almost $1700. The hassle is that my damaged door is old enough that that style isn't available anymore so BOTH doors need to be replaced otherwise the "curb appeal" will look stupid. If it had been a 16 foot door ( about the same cost as replacing 2 (9 X 7 doors) they would replace it no problem but being its only one of two 9 X 7 doors they only want to replace the damaged one. friend'in insurance companies.

542thruNthru

Fighting with the insurance company now. Estimates came in at almost $1700. The hassle is that my damaged door is old enough that that style isn't available anymore so BOTH doors need to be replaced otherwise the "curb appeal" will look stupid. If it had been a 16 foot door ( about the same cost as replacing 2 (9 X 7 doors) they would replace it no problem but being its only one of two 9 X 7 doors they only want to replace the damaged one. friend'in insurance companies.

You old people kill me. Expecting a insurance company to replace a perfectly good garage door. Now I know why this generation is so screwed up. You people raised them with your entitled attitude.

rod

Retired 22 years
You old people kill me. Expecting a insurance company to replace a perfectly good garage door. Now I know why this generation is so screwed up. You people raised them with your entitled attitude.
You young people amaze me. You're so afraid to stand up and fight for what you believe in. Its a friend-in insurance company punk--they stick it to you every chance they get. I'm paying them about $4,000 a year to insure my stuff and have had only one claim for a couple grand in the 45 years I've been with them. Damn right I'm going to fight them. I'll probably lose but I will have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't just bend over and let them stick it in my rear like your generation does. And when (IF) I lose I will also have the satisfaction of taking my business elsewhere.

542thruNthru

You young people amaze me. You're so afraid to stand up and fight for what you believe in. Its a friend-in insurance company punk--they stick it to you every chance they get. I'm paying them about $4,000 a year to insure my stuff and have had only one claim for a couple grand in the 45 years I've been with them. Damn right I'm going to fight them. I'll probably lose but I will have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't just bend over and let them stick it in my rear like your generation does. And when (IF) I lose I will also have the satisfaction of taking my business elsewhere.

Here's your participation trophy for when you leave.
71R2g2ZKbkL._SX425_.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That’s right Rod. Hold them to the fire!
You do know @542thruNthru is probably just messing with you, right?