How's the view???........

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not exactly. If you live in Cali, you really need to travel the entire state to enjoy all it has to offer.
I did travel (a little) in Cali...….Stockton and farm country and Sacramento and San Francisco.....can't compare to SoCal. It only get interesting when travelling north and the palms turn to pines...….Shasta is beautiful.
We drove from San Clemente to Portland.....most of the drive was BORING!! SoCal is my paradise!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Nice place to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Been there a few times---way too expensive and too much traffic.

Yep.

California and Florida make me feel claustrophobic.

Did they ever get the smog situation under control?

Driving back to LA from Vegas, coming out of the mountains at 11:00am, I was was

wondering why the fog hadn't lifted.... it was smog.

But, you gotta like the golf courses.

3313shv.jpg

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Ah, how about a drive up highway1 to Carmel. That's some of the most beautiful coastline in the world.

Camped at Pfeiffer Big Sur a few times, you don't get that kind of Coastal Forest beauty in So Cal except up in Big Bear/Arrowhead area...but it is not the same and not on the coast.

Been to Hotel Del Coronado a few times, quaint.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ah, how about a drive up highway1 to Carmel. That's some of the most beautiful coastline in the world.

Camped at Pfeiffer Big Sur a few times, you don't get that kind of Coastal Forest beauty in So Cal except up in Big Bear/Arrowhead area...but it is not the same and not on the coast.

Many years ago my brother and I hiked 17 Mile Drive from Monterey to Carmel, absolutely beautiful.

MAKAVELI

moreluck

golden ticket member

I like Monterrey much better than Carmel....more down to earth and not so artsy-fartsy! The coastline is gorgeous.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

PfeifferBeach.jpg

BigSurRiver.jpg
Highway1-001.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member