How's the view???........

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
20200710_165756.jpg
I was pitting cherries last week (7qts) and my mind wandered.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
When I was a kid, we had a cherry tree in the back yard. My job was picking them and my grandmother baked pies with them.

One chore I never complained about.
When I was a kid there was this neighbor who had a few peach trees. We would jump the fence and get the trees shaking and round up all the fallen peaches. My grandmother would make peach cobbler for us. Never once questioned us as to where the peaches came from. The neighbor got lucky every once in a while and would actually get a few good whacks of one of us with the broom she used to swat and chase us with.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
When I was a kid there was this neighbor who had a few peach trees. We would jump the fence and get the trees shaking and round up all the fallen peaches. My grandmother would make peach cobbler for us. Never once questioned us as to where the peaches came from. The neighbor got lucky every once in a while and would actually get a few good whacks of one of us with the broom she used to swat and chase us with.
Because she knew where you got them from. She probably figured if she didn’t ask you, she could plead ignorance and enjoy the cobbler. Lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There is a mango tree in someone’s yard on my route, right next to the road. I’ve watched those mangos ripen for the last few months. I’m soooo tempted to knock on the door and ask for some because it looks like they’re not picking any.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
There is a mango tree in someone’s yard on my route, right next to the road. I’ve watched those mangos ripen for the last few months. I’m soooo tempted to knock on the door and ask for some because it looks like they’re not picking any.
I would. Hell at our age, we'd break some major parts trying to jump the fence to steal some.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I was young our neighbor had a plum tree. One year when he painted his garage white my older brother and I decided to throw plums at his garage for fun. Needless to say we got an ass whoppin for that trick. My Dad ended up having to paint that side of his garage again. It’s amazing my parents didn’t put us up for adoption.