How's the view???........

Cementups

Box Monkey
UPSDill.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
This is the rte that I am on this week. Awsome scenery and crappy dirt roads.
red rock 013.jpg

PS Hoax or whomever, feel free to enlarge. I don't know how.
red rock 008.jpg
red rock 013.jpg

upsgrunt

Funny you should start this thread as I just saw this today. I thought I've seen about everything, but this was a first. It's like somebody's car just died by the side of the road, but it just happens to be a horse.P6240005.jpg
P6240005.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
red rock 015.jpg

At the end of this dirt road, 8 miles from this point, is a small resi area with about 15-20 homes. It takes about 45-60 mins to turn it. And this is not the only dirt road or is it the worst. It's just the longest.

red rock 017.jpg

red rock 019.jpg

Nice views.
red rock 015.jpg
red rock 017.jpg
red rock 019.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
red rock 020.jpg
This is what my truck looked like when I got back to pavement. At this point it was 12:05, had 21 stops done, and 56 miles. I sorted until 12:35. I ended the day with 104 stops, 153 miles and c/o at 20:24.
red rock 020.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
red rock 005.jpg

red rock 010.jpg

red rock 011.jpg

Here a few other shots of an area earlier than the dirt road. I deliver all the area seen in the 2 crick (for some), creek (for others) shots. LOL
red rock 005.jpg
red rock 010.jpg
red rock 011.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Duh, my bad. I see your location is Northern Arizona. Close to Utah though!
LOL

Yes there are some areas of AZ that looks like UT. 1 hr north of me is nothing but miles and miles of Ponderosa Pine and 1 hr south is pure desert. I believe our area is considered high desert.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've "caught" a few snakes with my truck but never stopped to take pictures.

and i think you could have made that. the trick is going at speed and right before you hit the tree/overhang, you hit the brakes. This makes the front end dive, making it lower and you can get under the overhanging object. then just hammerdown and listen to the limb slide across the top of your truck. So i hear anyway :winks:

Big Babooba

I've "caught" a few snakes with my truck but never stopped to take pictures.

and i think you could have made that. the trick is going at speed and right before you hit the tree/overhang, you hit the brakes. This makes the front end dive, making it lower and you can get under the overhanging object. then just hammerdown and listen to the limb slide across the top of your truck. So i hear anyway :winks:
It doesn't work when you have an 11 foot tall P800 and a 9 1/2 foot high railroad overpass. I know 2 drivers who have unsuccessfully attempted this technique. Also, management frowns upon this procedure.