HR or Supervisors won’t say anything

ManInBrown

How can UPS continue to get away with telling people that they are hired FULLTIME and talk about the great benefits and perks as well as you will be making this much after year 1, this much after year 2 and so on.... And just continue to look you look you in the eye for 3 months straight and lie to you about keep working hard and be as close to baseline as possible and you'll get hired. I smoked all the so-called veteran drivers in my center, went and helped slow worthless drivers all the time and it still didn't matter. What a joke of a company. I had the most stops of any driver in my center, most pickups, and usually top 3 in # of packages every damn day and still was in 90% of the days in 8 hours or less. This company is so unethical and as a matter of fact should be reported to the Better Business Bureau for their shady ways. Thanks for just using me for the busy season.
Thanks for your contribution. Best of luck in any and all future endeavors

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
C9BBC871-4589-48BB-A6D0-B9B21A8C70B3.gif
Don't listen to these losers, they do this all day long.. probably in their parents basement. Just keep doing you and working hard. It pays off. These are the ones ruining our union by tearing everyone apart, all in the name of a couple cute jokes. We need a forum for mature, good drivers. ;)

BobBarker

Ok. Bottomline. When I interviewed the HR didn’t say a word about “seasonal” as a matter of fact he told me I was hired on as Full time driver. Talked about the benefits and pay and how everything would start after 30 days. This was on October 5th. I signed contract on October 5th. After the week training I started and drove with SUP for 3 days then on my own. After 1 week the manager came in and told 6-7 of us that only 1 job would be full time. Frustrating. HR said nothing like that. Well, I drove everyday until yesterday. I was told yesterday that us 7 were on lay-off because of low volume. I talked to HR this morning and he played dumb. Haven’t heard a word about anything. What the hell is going on? I have responsibilities and need to work. Just seems kinda unprofessional to not be more transparent. What are your thoughts since I was hired before Oct 15? Should I sit down with manager Face to Face? Any info would be helpful. Thank you.
yeah after october is seasonal.. i was hired on as a seasonal package handler which i dodnt know i was seasonal but ended up getting a permenant position. if you want to drive apply at packagehsndker cause you can move up from there. no its not fair but its UPS they do things like that

Integrity

Binge Poster
[
I guess you haven’t figured out yet that in a negative environment jokes are what help people survive mentally. It relieves a lot of tension.
I disagree.

Joking often times creates and is the negative environment.

Cruel, mean, harassing and bullying jokes create tension they don't relieve it.

Anyone with 2 eyes to see who is willing to be even a little honest with themselves can see this.

BobBarker

How can UPS continue to get away with telling people that they are hired FULLTIME and talk about the great benefits and perks as well as you will be making this much after year 1, this much after year 2 and so on.... And just continue to look you look you in the eye for 3 months straight and lie to you about keep working hard and be as close to baseline as possible and you'll get hired. I smoked all the so-called veteran drivers in my center, went and helped slow worthless drivers all the time and it still didn't matter. What a joke of a company. I had the most stops of any driver in my center, most pickups, and usually top 3 in # of packages every damn day and still was in 90% of the days in 8 hours or less. This company is so unethical and as a matter of fact should be reported to the Better Business Bureau for their shady ways. Thanks for just using me for the busy season.
yeah ive gotten money stolen off my checks from them

Johney

[

I disagree.

Joking often times creates and is the negative environment.

Cruel, mean, harassing and bullying jokes create tension they don't relieve it.

Anyone with 2 eyes to see who is willing to be even a little honest with themselves can see this.
In case you haven't noticed this is an anonymous forum.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
yeah after october is seasonal.. i was hired on as a seasonal package handler which i dodnt know i was seasonal but ended up getting a permenant position. if you want to drive apply at packagehsndker cause you can move up from there. no its not fair but its UPS they do things like that

What is “packagehsndker”?