HR said I'm permanent, Sup say's I'm not

I'm a package handler and my start date was 10/30/2018. Before I was hired in my HR rep told me I would be a permanent worker as long as my start date was before 11/1/2018. So now I've worked 3 days and I talked to my supervisor today and was told that I am seasonal and that HR didn't know what they were talking about. This seems a bit ridiculous to me and I'm not sure how to handle the situation. Any advice would be appreciated, as I was really looking forward to making a career out of this opportunity. Thanks in advance.

specter208

You technically are seasonal. However, there is a good chance that they'll let you stay anyways. Atleast at my building, we kept a couple guys hired as late as December. Do a good job between now and January 15. If you work just 1 day after Jan. 15 then you are considered a regular employee with your seniority date reverting back to your hire date.

It also doesn't hurt to drop hints to your sups that you want to stay.

P

pickup

I'm a package handler and my start date was 10/30/2018. Before I was hired in my HR rep told me I would be a permanent worker as long as my start date was before 11/1/2018. So now I've worked 3 days and I talked to my supervisor today and was told that I am seasonal and that HR didn't know what they were talking about. This seems a bit ridiculous to me and I'm not sure how to handle the situation. Any advice would be appreciated, as I was really looking forward to making a career out of this opportunity. Thanks in advance.

Human Resources lies to fill seasonal positions.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Can we pin this for the 30 other threads just like it between now and January?

Thanks for the help guys. I just wanted to make sure that by posting here first I would know how to handle the situation without pissing anyone off in the hub. I'm just going let my sups know what my goals are, keep my mouth shut, and work my ass off and see what comes of it.

Box Ox

Before I was hired in my HR rep told me I would be a permanent worker as long as my start date was before 11/1/2018. So now I've worked 3 days and I talked to my supervisor today and was told that I am seasonal and that HR didn't know what they were talking about.

HR would tell you you get a free house and a puppy in January if it’d keep you on through the season.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
HR would tell you you get a free house and a puppy in January if it’d keep you on through the season.

You should ask them about you $300 a week bonus you get for showing up to work :)

4E7EF1E7-03B9-4A24-9CA0-C2267FE4AB3C.gif

gorilla75jdw

First , always in any future post and this current thread "please" include where you are located, such as region, slic #, state, city or anything that might help us , as brothers understand what "supplement " might apply to your specific area . You do not need all the identification factors I listed , just name something that let's us identify where you are . .

I'm in the central , from what you have listed if you was to gain seniority before November 1st of any year , but I do understand you are speaking of 2018 then you would be considered seasonal . All you need to do is , just show up , on time , every scheduled work day til mid January, and normally you will secure yourself a permanent job "most of the time" , be courteous, respectful and "humble" , you do not need to be a " KISS ASS" , just do your job as safely as possible. Any further information I can help you with , do not hesitate to private message me .