hub layoff?

Wrathchild45

so i was looking at the start times for twilight sort right? and it said there was a a hub layoff on xmas eve. i just wanted to clarify what that means. (i work at the indy hub)

bluehdmc

Re: hub layoff? dafuq?

1 day layoff, you should be back to work Wed. They do this with feeders, most jobs are cancelled that start after about noon or 1pm.

S

serenity now

"You'll want all day tomorrow, i suppose?"

" If quite convenient, sir."

UPSGUY72

so i was looking at the start times for twilight sort right? and it said there was a a hub layoff on xmas eve. i just wanted to clarify what that means. (i work at the indy hub)

No picks Monday no need for anyone to do anything at night.

If your seasonal you'll also be getting a another layoff notice next week. That one will be permanent...

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

There's a skeleton shift over here on our twilight. It's mainly for car shifting and off loading send again's. We don't have a big enough building to have everything inside so we use lots of MDU's/PDC's. And since there's only 4 qualified shifter's I get to work...it's not like I couldn't use the money...

Nimnim

The Nim

My hub never runs a full sort on Christmas eve, skeleton operation where they grab some volunteers from Twilight and Midnight. Depending on the day it falls on they don't even bother with that. This year though, 7 pm start, shuffling around maybe 15k in volume. They expect everything to be done by 10 pm. If you don't do anything with family on Christmas eve it's not a bad thing since we don't get paid for that day as a holiday anyways.

Ghost in the Darkness

What do you mean?? They know its the only day they can do it for the year. So it makes them feel a little better.

Most of us know that is just incidental. Fact is, no pickups so there isnt anything to sort. Sign up sheet for working punch to punch on Christmas Eve and the day after are so the company can save money not so we have more time with our family.

Gazelle

Race me!

Our night and twi shifts are cancelled as well, instead the preload on wednesday morning will take care of all of the send agains and the closed trailers. It's a skeleton crew with top 66 working and the rest are laid off.

S

serenity now

Just like they want us to work Saturday , off Sunday work Monday off Tuesday and back to work on wenesday

Look at all the family time I get

always remember - there are people that want a job * there are people that would like to be back at work *

jaker

trolling

always remember - there are people that want a job * there are people that would like to be back at work *
Yeah like we don't here that all the time and for a lot of so called people not working there was a ton of people at the malls and stores this weekend shopping

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

My hub never runs a full sort on Christmas eve, skeleton operation where they grab some volunteers from Twilight and Midnight. Depending on the day it falls on they don't even bother with that. This year though, 7 pm start, shuffling around maybe 15k in volume. They expect everything to be done by 10 pm. If you don't do anything with family on Christmas eve it's not a bad thing since we don't get paid for that day as a holiday anyways.

Preload is working tonight. I'm set to start at 1:30am. The buisness volume should be pretty low. The resi's should be pretty slammed. But I've learned a long time ago to never expect it to be heavy or light.

Off on Tuesday, of course. Wensday is supposed to be real light, for obvious reasons, so they gave us the option to have it off or not. I took it off of course.

S

serenity now

Yeah like we don't here that all the time and for a lot of so called people not working there was a ton of people at the malls and stores this weekend shopping

hear

be thankful you have a job * be thankful your health allows you to work * that's all i'm saying * peace

jaker

trolling

hear

be thankful you have a job * be thankful your health allows you to work * that's all i'm saying * peace
Holy crap I type the wrong word or my spell check messed it up , the world is going to end now

You do realize we are people and can and will make mistakes or are you like management and nobody is allowed to make one unless it is them