22.4 demolished, will they still be able to work the hub as they will be RPCD?

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
yes. 22.4 never had anything to do with working inside. RPCDs could've worked inside to fulfill their daily minimum. the point of 22.4 was to pay drivers less and to have them work on saturdays for straight time. just think about it: if a 22.4 makes more than a part time insider and less than a RPCD, that makes them the cheapest driver and the most expensive insider. imagine you're a preload manager, you really think you're not going to get torn a new :censored2: by your boss if you choose to routinely use the most expensive workers you can? the "half inside" was always baloney.

Serf

Please enlighten me what the difference between a package handler, warehouse worker, & material handler is? Thought it was all the same. As it pertains to who can go on the road, who works both hub and drives?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Please enlighten me what the difference between a package handler, warehouse worker, & material handler is? Thought it was all the same. As it pertains to who can go on the road, who works both hub and drives?
The first two handle right and left balls. The material handler holds the thing.

Shorts365

yes. 22.4 never had anything to do with working inside. RPCDs could've worked inside to fulfill their daily minimum. the point of 22.4 was to pay drivers less and to have them work on saturdays for straight time. just think about it: if a 22.4 makes more than a part time insider and less than a RPCD, that makes them the cheapest driver and the most expensive insider. imagine you're a preload manager, you really think you're not going to get torn a new :censored2: by your boss if you choose to routinely use the most expensive workers you can? the "half inside" was always baloney.
What you say makes sense on paper, but then again I’ve never seen this company to show any regard to labor cost. A shred of scrutiny and I wouldn’t be making $60 to deliver a surepost misload across town.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
What you say makes sense on paper, but then again I’ve never seen this company to show any regard to labor cost. A shred of scrutiny and I wouldn’t be making $60 to deliver a surepost misload across town.
Right!
The last time running misloads was in fashion I had to run a surepost 32 miles round trip for $62. Easy money, but makes no :censored2:ing sense.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The union keeps telling the 22.4s on preload they’ll be back to driving august 1st. Can’t wait to see their face’s august 2nd while they’re still doing preload.
Won't be exactly the same. Layoffs as usual is a hell of a better deal than what they are doing now.

Our center is a proper 22.4 mafia, nobody is quitting, company took a twist in their attack and tried dropping the whole piano of extra hours and we are just lapping them up at 50+ hours a week.

Probably already at around 1300 pension contribution hours. Won't be difficult to eek out the remaining bit. Without Saturday work, next move would be to take the layoff for 10 weeks and starve them of labor that would otherwise be non-contributing. still getting in 2080.

Last edited:

anonymous23456

Each building is run by a manager. A manager at Building A can be dumb comparing to a manager running Building B.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
20230711_040946.jpg