Hubs that are Outdated, Overcapacity and Gravel Yards

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We started building our new center directly next to our current one in 2019
In 2020, Amazon started construction on a hub less than 15 miles from us and had it up early this year. Amazon vans everywhere now
We’re being told that Our “new” hub isn’t going to be ready until NEXT PEAK 😂😂
We started refurbishing our hub 3 years ago. Still ongoing. In that time frame, Amazon has popped up 3 more fulfillment centers in my city. I see 4 damn Amazon package cars in the same neighborhood. They have all the money in the world to throw at operations.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
We started refurbishing our hub 3 years ago. Still ongoing. In that time frame, Amazon has popped up 3 more fulfillment centers in my city. I see 4 damn Amazon package cars in the same neighborhood. They have all the money in the world to throw at operations.
Our brand new building got outgrown in 3 years , cmon UPS THINK AHEAD
✊🧔

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Why do people keep referring to the building they work in, as a hub ?

There are less than 30 (actual) ups hubs in the country.
I can’t speak for all, but when I say “my hub” I mean my hub. Unless you’re out of CACH, Worldport, or possibly SMAGA (haven’t seen it) we are the biggest.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Where is this idea that an Amazon FC is so radically different than a standard DC that it is comparable to a UPS hub coming from? It's not.
I'm out of Carlisle, we have MDT1 and PHL 6 literally stone throws away. All 3 buildings are cookie cutter Pro Logis buildings, exactly the same structure. But inside, Amazon is mostly racking that can be slapped up fast as you can tighten the bolts. Not anything like an intricate belt and sort system.

Tanktoptony

Weird two of the hubs in this area are being leased from ProLogis and they put in a belt system so they can do it my question is why not a more permanent solution to this systemic problem. Wow didn’t know building warehouses cost money, get more gravel

oldngray

nowhere special
Weird two of the hubs in this area are being leased from ProLogis and they put in a belt system so they can do it my question is why not a more permanent solution to this systemic problem. Wow didn’t know building warehouses cost money, get more gravel
I have heard of UPS leasing buildings but usually only on a temporary basis. I never heard of them leasing anything big enough for a hub. They wait until a new building is ready before moving. And UPS invests heavily in property for future needs so they will have room to expand.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I have heard of UPS leasing buildings but usually only on a temporary basis. I never heard of them leasing anything big enough for a hub. They wait until a new building is ready before moving. And UPS invests heavily in property for future needs so they will have room to expand.
Why don't they maintain their equipment? I am in a building thats 5 years old and it is falling apart and the will not repair anything,building looks like its 15 20 years old

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
thanks Carol?
The rollers are busted on all the doors been that way for several months,the extendos are missing parts so they jam up,The tender showed me pictures of the broken equipment that's going to end up killing someone.The managers steal wax from eachother because its hard to come by.

Overpaid Union Thug

Here they expanded most of the buildings in the district but they were all immediately too small and poorly designed. There was prime real estate available in a part of town that would have been perfect to set up a brand new center for us to move into.

NOPE! We’re still in our complete failure of an expansion with not enough parking. Meanwhile….Amazon and FedEx Ground have broke ground on that prime real estate. Along with several other industries.

I swear UPS is run by imbeciles.

oldngray

nowhere special
Here they expanded most of the buildings in the district but they were all immediately too small and poorly designed. There was prime real estate available in a part of town that would have been perfect to set up a brand new center for us to move into.

NOPE! We’re still in our complete failure of an expansion with not enough parking. Meanwhile….Amazon and FedEx Ground have broke ground on that prime real estate. Along with several other industries.

I swear UPS is run by imbeciles.
I knew of UPS moving part of operations into a temporary building that was only supposed to be for about 5 years until a new larger building was ready. That place blew out its first Christmas.

The new building was built as half of an H with plans to add a mirror image to double space later. I worked out of that place for a couple of years. There was construction still going on while partially occupied. I ran a route near that building a few times and actually had to return to the building to make daily pickups from one of the construction companies then go back out and finish the rest of my route.

Dr.Brownz

My pal works in a center that has been leased for 20 years!