Hubs that are Outdated, Overcapacity and Gravel Yards

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Amazon builds new hubs in around 18 months, in our area we have had one new hub in the last 35 years
We started building our new center directly next to our current one in 2019
In 2020, Amazon started construction on a hub less than 15 miles from us and had it up early this year. Amazon vans everywhere now
We’re being told that Our “new” hub isn’t going to be ready until NEXT PEAK 😂😂

wilberforce15

Our hub has a 60s section, an 80s section, and a 2000s section. It's like a house with 4 random additions. No master plan. A nightmare to navigate or force flow through.

The entire smalls sort has been moved twice since I've been there. Hazmat moved. Box lines pointed in new directions. Forced blind-side backing for some feeders. Just a nightmare. But they've spent tens of millions on each addition and rearrangement.

Tanktoptony

Exactly what I thought it’s all over not just in my area, and what is this obsession with freaking gravel? Gravel in every auxiliary lot for overflow trailers. Fedex just down the street has asphalt, never thought I’d be envious of such a mundane detail but it’s ridiculous

Tanktoptony

Location is right on the money, except you aren’t getting anything for free and the longer you wait the less options you have so what are they holding out for a sudden influx of cash?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Why do people keep referring to the building they work in, as a hub ?

There are less than 30 (actual) ups hubs in the country.
Why are you bent out of shape about such a trivial thing? 😂
I don’t care if you call it a hub, center, bridge, abyss, the fabrication of hell on earth
Call it what you want

oldngray

nowhere special
Exactly what I thought it’s all over not just in my area, and what is this obsession with freaking gravel? Gravel in every auxiliary lot for overflow trailers. Fedex just down the street has asphalt, never thought I’d be envious of such a mundane detail but it’s ridiculous
For years the building where I worked at had gravel. They had a million reasons why it wasn't paved. The cost required. They did eventually pave it but wasn't their first priority.

Tanktoptony

I bet they would find a way to get approval for gravel runways they just need to get around the whole friend.O.D. craze the airports hyped up about.