Hundreds of FedEx packages dumped near ravine

zeev

UPS make twice as much the pension benefits are at least double FedEx and health insurance 10 times a really smart move for those who took advantage.

falcon back

UPS make twice as much the pension benefits are at least double FedEx and health insurance 10 times a really smart move for those who took advantage.
SOME of what you said is true. Don't forget, UPS is micromanaged, work ridiculously later hours, in many cases have no family life during the week and the package cars and straight trucks have no ac.

bacha29

AARaPGq.img

Looks like they tossed them out the door without even stopping :-)
And knowing those cheap out of wedlock's they probably gathered it all up taped it up and delivered it to where it was going. While the contractor employed driver will no doubt be fired and perhaps face charges the question will be.... will they keep the contractor? Not likely but given how desperate they are for box monkeys in all forms you don't put anything passed this bunch.

HedleyLamarr

I cannot stress enough how terrible Ground is in this area. They have a new facility in Bessemer, just west of Birmingham, where packages go to die. They go in, but never come out. People are waiting for weeks here for Ground deliveries.

Just two months ago, a Ground driver was involved in a fatal hit and run.

And yet the company insists on continuing LMO and giving them Express pkgs. I realize it is temporarily suspended for peak, but it will return. This company does not care about service at all!

HedleyLamarr

Another detail I forgot to add is that I have noticed most FedEx Ground trucks in my area have recently been painted completely white. It is almost as if they are trying to hide the fact that they are FedEx Ground trucks. The only text is the contractor info.

bacha29

I cannot stress enough how terrible Ground is in this area. They have a new facility in Bessemer, just west of Birmingham, where packages go to die. They go in, but never come out. People are waiting for weeks here for Ground deliveries.

Just two months ago, a Ground driver was involved in a fatal hit and run.

And yet the company insists on continuing LMO and giving them Express pkgs. I realize it is temporarily suspended for peak, but it will return. This company does not care about service at all!
Not defending anybody here but was proper signage identifying the area as a work zone posted? That much we don't know. As for Ground it still comes back to a business model being called upon to work in a broad based economic sector it was never designed for. And worst of all due to it's design there is little that can be done to improve it's performance without ending the contractor format and given it's profit margins that won't happen unless they are forced into it.

falcon back

Not defending anybody here but was proper signage identifying the area as a work zone posted? That much we don't know. As for Ground it still comes back to a business model being called upon to work in a broad based economic sector it was never designed for. And worst of all due to it's design there is little that can be done to improve it's performance without ending the contractor format and given it's profit margins that won't happen unless they are forced into it.
Breath deep and relax. It will get better.

yadig

SOME of what you said is true. Don't forget, UPS is micromanaged, work ridiculously later hours, in many cases have no family life during the week and the package cars and straight trucks have no ac.
This definitely makes you a idiot! You left out the generous benefits and retirement. Don’t forget the 100,000+ a year income. Duhhhh

bacha29

This matter was on NBS Nightly News last night (Sat) and included in the story was this line of BS....." Fedex officials say that they don't know how the packages got there". I and everyone in the room with me were howling with laugher. Yeah, sure pal. Certainly says a lot about your package tracking capabilities. If your tracking system can't find where a box is....the news media or the blood hounds most certainly will.

falcon back

This definitely makes you a idiot! You left out the generous benefits and retirement. Don’t forget the 100,000+ a year income. Duhhhh
Making 6 figures while missing weekday school functions, games and family events. At least you can buy a nice camera so someone else can take pictures while your kids grow up without you.

oldngray

nowhere special
The company said in a statement that the person involved was no longer providing service for FedEx Ground and added it was cooperating with law enforcement on its investigation.