Hurt on the Job - Harassment

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Dr.Brownz

Get a lawyer.
They are creating a hostile work environment by spreading rumors. At the least you can probably get that sup fired or transferred to Alaska

useyourloadstand

If they keep harassing me I'll just make them aware that I'm protected under the ADA due to my current physical disability. What they are doing right now is unlawful discrimination and i'm sure when i file with the EEOC based on harassment for my physical disability things will change real quick

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If they keep harassing me I'll just make them aware that I'm protected under the ADA due to my current physical disability. What they are doing right now is unlawful discrimination and i'm sure when i file with the EEOC based on harassment for my physical disability things will change real quick

You hurt your back. You are not disabled nor are you protected under the ADA.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
At first he said that he was getting full comp payments and his regular wage, which does not happen. He then said that his comp was being reduced by what he was making on TAW, which does happen.

No, he said he was on workers comp. Nothing about receiving full workers comp pay.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I had never heard of partial comp payments so assumed that he was receiving the full amount that his state provides.

OK.

But go back and read your posts, without the assumption, and you will see why I was confused.

UPS is self insured. A lot of times if someone is on light duty, they will work half their hours and UPS will pay them the difference between their normal hours or the comp maximum at the time, depending on how hard you push it.

They do this because it is not counted against them as a lost time injury as long as the employee can come in and work a few hours.

It is not the money to UPS. It is about a number on a piece of paper. In this case, that lost time injury number. They wouldn't care if they paid an employee 8 hours a day to sit in an office and color as long as it was not a lost time injury.