Hypnosis and mind control in our workplace?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Earnest in the distribution and dissemination? And where do you draw that line? While I agree the IBT could have provided a better stream of info, I doubt much would have changed.

I would start with the truth.
I still contend that we never heard it from the IBT.
A significant portion of UPSer's were made unwitting martyrs and deserve to know that they were being used to prop up a Central States Health and Wealthfare fund that was doomed to fail without their participation.
Instead we got the "banana in the tailpipe" treatment.
Then when we didn't fall for it, they shoved it down our throats.
Excuse me while I puke.

Last edited:

Packmule

Only the blind faith crowd can say that the Teamsters don't need the constant critical eye of groups like TDU to keep them on the straight up.
The APWA was created by fed up UPSers who correctly saw that the Teamsters were running our retiremt into the ground trying to use UPS money to finance the whole union's retirements.
While the APWA was never destined to take over as our new union, their presence and many of their ideas are what forced the IBT into a two year early negotiation process that salvaged hope for people in the Central State's dying pension in 2008.
I was a member of the APWA. It was one of my proudest accomplishments.

hardball88

get'r done
Only the blind faith crowd can say that the Teamsters don't need the constant critical eye of groups like TDU to keep them on the straight up.
The APWA was created by fed up UPSers who correctly saw that the Teamsters were running our retiremt into the ground trying to use UPS money to finance the whole union's retirements.
While the APWA was never destined to take over as our new union, their presence and many of their ideas are what forced the IBT into a two year early negotiation process that salvaged hope for people in the Central State's dying pension in 2008.
There were several APWA members in our local.
None of them were "wack jobs" nor would follow the same.
Everyone outside the Hoffa fan clubs are either TDUites or "whack jobs"?
Give me a break.
Many that proclaim Hoffa/Hall to be infallible are annoying and must have blinders on. And like it that way.

Inthegame

Accomplishment? OK

Inthegame

There were several APWA members in our local.
None of them were "wack jobs" nor would follow the same.
Everyone outside the Hoffa fan clubs are either TDUites or "whack jobs"?
Give me a break.
Many that proclaim Hoffa/Hall to be infallible are annoying and must have blinders on. And like it that way.
So where do you categorize those who supported the contract but aren't TDU, a whack job or in the Hoffa fan club? I agree anyone declaring Hoffa/Hall to be infallible is almost as annoying as misinformed posters predicting doom regarding the future of TeamCare, even though they have zero facts.

hardball88

get'r done
So where do you categorize those who supported the contract but aren't TDU, a whack job or in the Hoffa fan club? I agree anyone declaring Hoffa/Hall to be infallible is almost as annoying as misinformed posters predicting doom regarding the future of TeamCare, even though they have zero facts.
Every area that supported the National, supplements or their riders did so because of the direct effect to their specific situation. Some had TeamCare and it was getting enhanced. Some already had the MMI clause etc.
Everyone (that voted) did so with their specific interests in mind. You can't blame them for that.
The areas took a hit in their medical are still upset and you can't blame them for that either.
But there was (is still) a lot of animosity over how it was handled and the last three locals that got it shoved down their throats have a justified beef with those in charge.

hardball88

get'r done
P.S.
Let's just make it a ten yr progression to make ft rate and prepare to fight over "great" 9.5 language for a year after the thing's ratified amongst other give backs next time and have it over with.
A four yr progression is BS and everyone knows it.
But the already ft voters said "OK, screw the next group of drivers. We're good." when they voted it in. We're our own worst enemies and led by shepherds that feel they're untouchable so they allow this garbage from a company that cares only about their stock reports while we struggle to get all our work completed having to drive their junk trucks.

Irishman Collins

The facts are Mr. Hoffa's words. Don't you remember the word "unsustainable" in Hoffa's letter to the Democrats explaining how our plan would be affected by Obamacare without subsidies? I know, how quickly you would like us all to forget that letter. Any word on those subsidies our Health care so desperately needs?

hardball88

get'r done
In an argument two things are factors.
1. "I don't like/agree with what you're saying.
2. "I don't like how you're saying your points".
Points vs personal.
A lot of how this contract was handled made it personal.
Even though negotiations are give and take that's not easily forgotten.

Irishman Collins

Big Union, I'll tell you what instead of bashing the T.D.U. why don't you give all of us ten reasons that we should be proud of our current administration? I can't wait for your reasons. Hell, if there good enough you may even change my position on our leadership.
Big Union, I'll tell you what, since it seems you can't come up with ten, how about 5, I mean come on, remember we are all just a bunch of T.D.U. whack jobs , so it shouldn't be hard to influence us.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Big Union, I'll tell you what instead of bashing the T.D.U. why don't you give all of us ten reasons that we should be proud of our current administration? I can't wait for your reasons. Hell, if there good enough you may even change my position on our leadership.
Big Union, I'll tell you what, since it seems you can't come up with ten, how about 5, I mean come on, remember we are all just a bunch of T.D.U. whack jobs , so it shouldn't be hard to influence us.

The tail.... doesn't wag the dog.

-Bug-