Hypocrites Abound in Riots of 2020 vs Capitol Assault 2021

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
People are reacting emotionally and irrationally.
It makes me sad to see so many people so emotionally involved about things that they can't control and doesn't really affect them other than their mentality and emotions.
On both sides to be clear.

I'll wait a month until everyone gets their wits about them and a reconstruction of events and facts come out before I pass judgment.
I have yet to see where Trump actually told the crowd to invade the house chambers or the Capitol building.
Rudy and Don Jr are more culpable in that respect.
One thing I am seeing is the hypocrisy of many people that said the Summer of Riots was OK ... they were not.
I condemn all of the violence and destruction that has occurred over the last year.
I detest and condemn the assault on the Capitol Building but I am still emotionally distraught and confused how
our elected officials can stand by and actually encourage the destruction of government buildings, stores and people's business's they have worked hard and developed over many years ... many of them Black owners.
I don't try and am not trying to equivocate the burnings and destruction over the summer and the Capitol assault.
Both are horrible and facilitated by elected officials.
Both are a terrible stain on our society and our nation.

1610343558835.png

newfie

It makes me sad to see so many people so emotionally involved about things that they can't control and doesn't really affect them other than their mentality and emotions.

I'll wait a month until everyone gets their wits about them and a reconstruction of events and facts come out before I pass judgment.
I have yet to see where Trump actually told the crowd to invade the house chambers or the Capitol building.
One thing I am seeing is the hypocrisy of many people that said the Summer of Riots was OK ... they were not.
I condemn all of the violence and destruction that has occurred over the last year.
I detest and condemn the assault on the Capitol Building but I am still emotionally distraught and confused how
our elected officials can stand by and actually encourage the destruction of government buildings, stores and people's business's they have worked hard and developed over many years ... many of them Black owners.
I don't try and am not trying to equivocate the burnings and destruction over the summer and the Capitol assault.

View attachment 324341
your post is a conversation killer . :raspberry-tounge:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There's a reason they're calling it an insurrection rather than a riot. Language can be a tool to influence the weak minded.

It was a riot.
But they endorsed rioting all summer.
So they can't call it that. Hence the insurrection sedition nonsense.

Here's the liberal media defining their narrative;

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
There's also video of official looking dudes with masks and sunglasses fending off trump supporters on the way out. "We're not here to be antifa!"

This is a still frame from the video
20210111_035137.jpg

Indecisi0n

View attachment 324341
Did he say it word for word to go after the capital ? No but did he imply it ? Now we can’t make someone else responsible for others action but let’s now look at how he has handled it. Where is the press conference condemning what happened ? Where is the sympathy for the dead? Where do we go from here? The lack of action to me says it all. I am so tired of hearing his name I just can’t wait until he is gone.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Did he say it word for word to go after the capital ? No but did he imply it ? Now we can’t make someone else responsible for others action but let’s now look at how he has handled it. Where is the press conference condemning what happened ? Where is the sympathy for the dead? Where do we go from here? The lack of action to me says it all. I am so tired of hearing his name I just can’t wait until he is gone.
77997ee27.jpg

fishtm2001

"The lie outlasts the liar. The idea that Germany lost the First World War in 1918 because of a Jewish “stab in the back” was 15 years old when Hitler came to power. How will Trump’s myth of victimhood function in American life 15 years from now? And to whose benefit?"

Tim Snyder NYT

refineryworker05

View attachment 324341
So the reason why riots occur matters. so riots over police violence are caused by incidents of actual police violence and a lack of accountability that follows police violence. It’s a real problem and so that means we can stop riots over police violence by changing police policies and holding violent police officers to account. The capital riot wasn’t based on a real issue, it was caused by trump and the gop telling lies about voter fraud. There is no policy remedy to correct the potus lying about voter fraud and a stolen election.

refineryworker05

View attachment 324341
this chart exists to falsely say democrats and the media approved of riots in the summer, while republicans condemned riots all the time, but objective reality is that democrats and the media repeatedly condemned riots in the summer while the gop and the president directly incited this riot.
This is where we run headlong into the Republican voter delusion problem where the discussion descends into all their bizarre conspiracies.

refineryworker05

View attachment 324341
The very basis of the chart is the republican delusion that the “media” are out to get republicans and the “media” are hyping this riot up to hurt republicans. To see how absurd this delusion is imagine a black American saying all the “media” are out to get black people and show them in a bad light and portray black people in all the worst ways. Most of y’all would dismiss it out of hand as nonsense, but think about the evidence you would require to believe a black person making the claim that the whole “media” is biased against black Americans
Compare the evidence you’d require a black person to have, to the evidence republicans have ever shown to substantiate this mass delusion that the “media” are out to get them

The Driver

I drive.
this chart exists to falsely say democrats and the media approved of riots in the summer, while republicans condemned riots all the time, but objective reality is that democrats and the media repeatedly condemned riots in the summer while the gop and the president directly incited this riot.
This is where we run headlong into the Republican voter delusion problem where the discussion descends into all their bizarre conspiracies.
Seriously. I never once heard a Democratic leader claim that it was acceptable to riot and loot.

refineryworker05

Seriously. I never once heard a Democratic leader claim that it was acceptable to riot and loot.
I know, this is where we run into the delusion problem from Republican voters. And it just goes into all the bizarre conspiracies they believe. You then can’t have a discussion because they are insisting that 2+2=5. I acknowledge that a lot of republicans condemned the riot in the capital. But a large segment of the gop and the president fed lies that directly caused the riot to happen in the first place.