Hypothetical Question..

BlackCat

All of this Amazon talk has got me wondering...

What would be easier to accomplish..

Ups become another Amazon, or Amazon become a UPS?

MendozaJ

Amazon is a technology company that already has its foot in the door with deliveries. It has the money to expand its network. I saw a lot more Amazon vans this year than I did last year.

UPS is not going to venture into e-commerce, artificial intelligence, streaming media, and whatever else Amazon is involved in.

FromOffTheStreets

Amazon becomes a "boutique" fed ex ground, delivering all of their own town resis is as far as I see it going.
They will still farm out their rurals & probably some of their bigger heavier boxes.
The amount of money it would take to build a system as massive as any of the 3 carriers would not make financial sense, hence Bozos is trying to find suckers to "run their own shipping company" under his banner.

Ups has no intention of offering products but a service.

Indecisi0n

Probably more like a blow hole in the ocean
mini-pict0030.jpg

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Whats likely to happen is Amazon will keep growing and stomp out UPS all together. With the layoffs coming soon the writing is on the wall.
Amazon is a threat, but their prices are on the uptick and they are cutting products with too low of a margin. I'm rooting for Walmart at this point and in my opinion they have the advantage.

iowa boy

Amazon is a technology company that already has its foot in the door with deliveries. It has the money to expand its network. I saw a lot more Amazon vans this year than I did last year.

UPS is not going to venture into e-commerce, artificial intelligence, streaming media, and whatever else Amazon is involved in.

We already have artificial intelligence, it's called ORION!!!!!!!!!!