I’m a 22 year old 22.4 driver and I feel like quitting. Need advice

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Things are going to :censored2:. Construction is stagnating which leaves me stuck with service (which sucks). Housing is so :censored2:ing expensive that moving to facilitate more install opportunities isn't really an option. Now I find myself wishing I just stayed and hoarded as much money as possible to retire at 50 or so, which will probably be here before I know it. But then again, investments are getting so volatile I don't know what to trust and who's to say the system as we know it will still exist in twenty years.
You’ll come out ahead, brother. We’ve been through worse than this. Once a brother, always a brother.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Good luck.
They don't let just anyone into Nursing school.

The pre-reqs are stringent.

Academically helping.
This is absolutely false. You can get an ASN in 6 months accelerated and they offer that to anyone who can pay. BSN will take a bit longer but once again they will take anyone.

I’ve worked in health care for a few years and the number of inept nurses far exceed the number of competent nurses.

Contradictingly academically helping.

Last edited:

Grey

I can’t believe what they dispatch to some of the 22.4’s we have. It’s completely unreasonable. I was pretty stressed out coming up and had a cake training route and reasonable 3-4 run as a swing driver before getting my own route. I have a lot respect for the 22.4’s that continue to grind thru the utter nonsense directed at them.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Ricky....
WHAT, JULIAN?!
1xoj2i51sac21.jpg

quad decade guy

This is absolutely false. You can get an ASN in 6 months accelerated and they offer that to anyone who can pay. BSN will take a bit longer but once again they will take anyone.

I’ve worked in health care for a few years and the number of inept nurses far exceed the number of competent nurses.

Anyone?

Maybe of a certain gender or color......certainly not white people....

quad decade guy

So some serious advice from a management.

If you feel like this now and do not leave, you will be trapped, you know you do not want to be here. It does not change, same stops, same work same everything. It does not matter if you work package, inside, feeders you will be trapped.

Go to college, don't go to college, do something different. Look around you where you live, how do people afford to live in your area? They obviously seem to be making it and not working at UPS.

A UPS job is not the only one out there and there are thousands of jobs you can be doing and have a real work-life balance.

I hope this helps.

Dragon
1000's? That pay UPS wages and benefits.....uh no. BTW, that's the only way you could get anyone to work here....being how it's run by you guys....and life balance.....coming from a manager? LOLOLOLOLOL

Now, trapped?

How so?

Last time I looked.....they let me leave and come back....absolutely of my FREE WILL.

At 22, he will never be more free. I've seen many more quit than retire. Plenty. Folks do it all the time. We don't have slavery here in the US. You are free to work or not....even at UPS.

rickyb

that makes me feel much better.

id like to work in UK where they make less and have less responsibility than here.

Cowboy Mac

Bc the company maybe makes more the less they pay lol

This is really gonna blow ur mind: Wages can fall and prices can fall faster

Happened in usa in great depression

Wages can go up faster than prices and standards of living can improve.happened for 150 years in usa, ended in 1973
Yes, that’s what we need. Another Great Depression! I’m going to go tell my grandmother she should be thankful for the Depression because it improved her living conditions- to 13 kids all living in the same townhome sharing beds. I wonder how horrible it must have been before the depression.

Thank you, Rickyb!

rickyb

Yes, that’s what we need. Another Great Depression! I’m going to go tell my grandmother she should be thankful for the Depression because it improved her living conditions- to 13 kids all living in the same townhome sharing beds. I wonder how horrible it must have been before the depression.

Thank you, Rickyb!
wages can go up for the 75% of americans that had a job at the time

you can have 95% employment and not have rising wages

Non liberal

Dragon

Package Center Manager
1000's? That pay UPS wages and benefits.....uh no. BTW, that's the only way you could get anyone to work here....being how it's run by you guys....and life balance.....coming from a manager? LOLOLOLOLOL

Now, trapped?

How so?

Last time I looked.....they let me leave and come back....absolutely of my FREE WILL.

At 22, he will never be more free. I've seen many more quit than retire. Plenty. Folks do it all the time. We don't have slavery here in the US. You are free to work or not....even at UPS.

I guess you missed the point...keep coming back..of your own free will.

Now, trapped?

How so?

Is 22 years old with no college debt and making a good living.

That's a lot more than some other 22-year-olds can say

Non liberal

Is 22 years old with no college debt and making a good living.

That's a lot more than some other 22-year-olds can say
Better off then I was at 22. You could always be working twice as hard for half the pay. Which is the reality at a lot of other companies. Just take the time to eat in that job, and for crying out loud, slow down. The more you do, the more they give you to do.

BigBrownboxx

i started at ups when i was still in high school on the local sort, i went driving when i was 21 as an RPCD I’m 23 now and i don’t see myself going anywhere else. It’s about the only good job in my community.

quad decade guy

I guess you missed the point...keep coming back..of your own free will.
Missed your point? No. I got it. I just don't agree with it....but then you are a manager.

I never went into supervision because I couldn't treat people like you do.

I stayed for the money and benefits. There is zero satisfaction in this job. Again my words stand.

What I do see-bunches of "mgt" looking like they're all about to be "let go"....or contracted out. chuckle.

Zowert

This advice has already been given but I want to back it up.

If you can stick it out until you make RPCD then do it. They can’t work you to death when you get on the 9.5, if they try then you’ll be rolling in grievance money. I wish I started driving at your age. You’ll be at top rate by your mid to late 20’s. You can dump a good chunk of change into your 401k and come out with a real nice pension with all the time you have ahead. If you wanted you could retire at age 50, collect your pension then find a easy job that you enjoy doing until you hit social security age. If you manage your finances well then you won’t have to work at all.

There are other good jobs out there but very few offer the benefits you get at UPS. At least here you’ll never have to worry about crippling medical debt.