I’m a 22 year old 22.4 driver and I feel like quitting. Need advice

rickyb

:censored2: minimum wage. McDonald’s ain’t a career dude. I bought my house in 2016 so…. And it’s worth 50grand more now so… And um don’t go to college they rip you off. Get a job at ups and make more, plus it doesn’t cost anything! Looks like your argument falls apart there bro.
Economy not good enough. teen theory is a myth

Screenshot_20220314-162521_Firefox.jpg

Non liberal

Housing went up but its bad not good. fools gold. ppl r downsizing, going further into debt, cutting spending

U made no reference to my other points

Education being expensive also puts usa at competitive disadvantage
So who’s fault is it for the education? So many people are going that the price goes up. Sure doesn’t look like it’s expensive. Every campus is packed! Unfortunately our government lets all the rich kids from every other country go to school here. Why should they drop the prices? I addressed all your points, real estate goes up period! They don’t make anymore of it. My dad told me that 40 yrs ago. Where the hell have you been? Interest rates were at freaking 2.5 or something crazy like that. Interest rates down, prices up. Buy it while you can. Don’t sit and complain about it, it’s all relative. And anything that you would want to buy was cheaper under trump. If you argue otherwise your an absolute maroon!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Hello, I’m 22 years old and have been a 22.4 driver for close to a year now and looking for advice from fellow UPSers

I started working at UPS when I was 18 and was a loader until I turned 21 and became a 22.4 driver. After the grueling 30 day probation and a couple months of driving I thought I’ve really gotten the hang of things and this was going to be the beginning and the end of my working career. Fast forward to a year later I have had no problems being a proficient driver but the physical toll (thus turning into a mental toll) is starting to weigh on me.

I love being a driver with all the good and bad that comes with it but I’m getting to a point where I don’t think my body can take doing 200-220 stops with 300-350 packages 10h avg every day 5-6 days a week. I know this is the norm for a lot of drivers out there but I can’t see myself doing this for years. My lower back and shoulders feel like they’re slowly deteriorating into irreversible damage as the months go on.

I’m conflicted on quitting because although I believe I’m doing fairly well currently financial wise and have no worries about that I feel like I’m throwing away a very good career.

I’m mainly posting this because I’m wondering what my options are going forward. Best case scenario is I’d like to go back to the hub and continue driving part time.

Thank you for reading this far. I hope none of you think I’m just lazy. I believe I’m a very hard worker and that’s what’s even got me this far but I am prioritizing my current and future physical well being.
So some serious advice from a management.

If you feel like this now and do not leave, you will be trapped, you know you do not want to be here. It does not change, same stops, same work same everything. It does not matter if you work package, inside, feeders you will be trapped.

Go to college, don't go to college, do something different. Look around you where you live, how do people afford to live in your area? They obviously seem to be making it and not working at UPS.

A UPS job is not the only one out there and there are thousands of jobs you can be doing and have a real work-life balance.

I hope this helps.

Dragon

Non liberal

It’s not rocket science bud. You make no more money! If wages go up starting at the bottom, everyone pays more. End of story, it’s over, you have no argument. The rich make money no matter what, and you don’t. That’s the way it is. Raise the wage of a McDonald’s hamburger flipper, and the price of the hamburger goes up. It’s all relative, so keep the stakes as low as you can, it’s easier on everybody that way

rickyb

It’s not rocket science bud. You make no more money! If wages go up starting at the bottom, everyone pays more. End of story, it’s over, you have no argument. The rich make money no matter what, and you don’t. That’s the way it is. Raise the wage of a McDonald’s hamburger flipper, and the price of the hamburger goes up. It’s all relative, so keep the stakes as low as you can, it’s easier on everybody that way
well prices are going up faster than wages right now so wat makes u think it cant be the opposite?

Ever heard of getting a raise lol? that means higher than inflation

rickyb

So who’s fault is it for the education? So many people are going that the price goes up. Sure doesn’t look like it’s expensive. Every campus is packed! Unfortunately our government lets all the rich kids from every other country go to school here. Why should they drop the prices? I addressed all your points, real estate goes up period! They don’t make anymore of it. My dad told me that 40 yrs ago. Where the hell have you been? Interest rates were at freaking 2.5 or something crazy like that. Interest rates down, prices up. Buy it while you can. Don’t sit and complain about it, it’s all relative. And anything that you would want to buy was cheaper under trump. If you argue otherwise your an absolute maroon!
Govt cut funding to education

Lending drives up prices

Govt cut taxes on rich

Non liberal

well prices are going up faster than wages right now so wat makes u think it cant be the opposite?

Ever heard of getting a raise lol? that means higher than inflation
HELLO, because it’s not opposite!! That’s why! What world do you live in? Fantasy island? Yes, I have heard of a cost of living raise. Or a bonus, or EARNING WHAT YOUR WORTH. Why is a hamburger flipper worth more then the company is willing to pay him?

rickyb

HELLO, because it’s not opposite!! That’s why! What world do you live in? Fantasy island? Yes, I have heard of a cost of living raise. Or a bonus, or EARNING WHAT YOUR WORTH. Why is a hamburger flipper worth more then the company is willing to pay him?
Bc the company maybe makes more the less they pay lol

This is really gonna blow ur mind: Wages can fall and prices can fall faster

Happened in usa in great depression

Wages can go up faster than prices and standards of living can improve.happened for 150 years in usa, ended in 1973

rickyb

Part of keeping u in the matrix is them having u not understand how wages and prices work

Non liberal

Govt cut funding to education

Lending drives up prices

Govt cut taxes on rich
Lol, they didn’t cut :censored2:. The rich no how to get out of paying taxes. If they give companies a tax cut, it is to increase hiring. Every country sends they’re best and brightest to school in the United States of America. And they are not poor! They’re filthy rich kids driving Maseratis and everything else. I used to live in a college town. That’s why college is expensive. Take care of America first and cut these kids out and college will get cheaper in a hurry. Forget about taxes, even if they do cut them, they don’t matter. That’s not how your going to solve our debt problem. Stop spending our damn money! That’s how you solve that. Ever listen to Dave Ramsey?

Non liberal

Bc the company maybe makes more the less they pay lol

This is really gonna blow ur mind: Wages can fall and prices can fall faster

Happened in usa in great depression

Wages can go up faster than prices and standards of living can improve.happened for 150 years in usa, ended in 1973
I bet the people of the Great Depression were thrilled their wages were rising faster then prices. Whew! That’s rich! What else you got?