I-9 Verification

Dustyroads

I guess I am just curious what will happen on March 31st if no one in the building has filled their forms out yet. The term I-9 has not been uttered in our building. I would venture to say that only the two or three people in the building who come to BC would even know what the term means.

upsgrunt

I talked to an HR person here who said most of the problems they are having is women who didn't change their name with SS when they got married, and people who came into the country in "weird ways".

I came into this country in a placenta- think that will throw up any red flags?

Dustyroads

OOOOOPS....it seems that the affected employees in our building have already filled out their I-9's. I guess no one made a big deal out of it and everyone had all of their "documentation". It turns out that I never heard about it since I am exempt. I've been around too long, they don't consider me a security threat. They are correct.

As of last nite the word was almost half the eligible part timers had yet to complete the process and in the buildings covered by 705 there have been over 300 "people of interest" found with such problems as false ID`s,SS numbers,illegal residency,etc.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
you will have to wait for the Older Than Dirt-9 (OTD-9). lol

That's the form I need, LOL

As of last nite the word was almost half the eligible part timers had yet to complete the process and in the buildings covered by 705 there have been over 300 "people of interest" found with such problems as false ID`s,SS numbers,illegal residency,etc.

Got called into a "training" office to do mine. How long does it usually take for the government to contact someone "of interest"?

iowa boy

That's the form I need, LOL

Got called into a "training" office to do mine. How long does it usually take for the government to contact someone "of interest"?

Was told by our center manager an employee in the Davenport hub was terminated due to lack of any information being found for said employee. Mind you the employee had worked for UPS for over 10 years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Union posted a list on Friday of the 9 employees that have yet to complete the I-9 certification with a statement that failure to complete may result in termination of employment. There were 2 drivers on the list. I would think that if my job depended upon my completion of a simple certification that I would complete it and move on.

companal2

HR Supv
Was told by our center manager an employee in the Davenport hub was terminated due to lack of any information being found for said employee. Mind you the employee had worked for UPS for over 10 years.

This situation is very possible, even for employees that have been around for a while. As a part of this re-verifiication process, there have been some employees who have been found to have overstayed their welcome and have expired visas. Some visas have been expired for years. Once a problem is identified, the employee is notified and has a certain number of days (I think 7 to 10) to go to the necessary agencies (Social Security, INS, Dept. of State etc...) to get the issue resolved. If it's not resolved, ADIOS it is!!!

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
I have to do this on monday. I really don't want to, but I am going to go ahead and do it at the end of shift. It will be amazing how slowly I am going to type and how long I will fumble around looking for my "ID's".

Actually, I just got back to work from FMLA and from mil leave last thursday. I have some HR guy walk up to me while I am working and ask me if I did I9 verification. I told him I had no idea what he was talking about.

He told me that it was something for blah blah blah and that I needed to give him my drivers license and another form of ID. I asked him to give me his ID's and I would go make a photocopy. He told me that on March 15th I would be fired if I didn't do this. I told him to find me something in writing that says that. He said he would and walked away and I didn't see him anymore that shift.

I don't mind doing something but there is no way in hell I am going to be threatened with my job within moments of finding something out. Also I am not going to trust my identification, especially military ID or passport to some :censored2: in a suit that asks for it. Sorry guys.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree that the way that he spoke to was out of line (as was your response) but this is not a UPS initiative, this is a Department of Homeland Security initiative and failure to complete the verification process will indeed lead to your termination. You can save yourself a lot of time if you go to upsers.com and fill out the first portion online. You will then be asked to present 2 forms of ID from the list posted on upsers and, if your paperwork checks out, you will be all set.

over9five

Staff member
I'd like to see one of these tough talkers who won't enter their SS# onto a computer actually not do it. They talk the talk, and then do as they're told.