I-9 Verification

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'd like to see one of these tough talkers who won't enter their SS# onto a computer actually not do it. They talk the talk, and then do as they're told.

Here is why I had a problem with giving out my SS#.

Like a good employee, I logged on to upsers.com with every intention of complying with the I-9 requirement.

When I clicked onto the link, this is what I saw:

You are now leaving the UPS Employee Portal and entering a Web site not operated by UPS. UPS does not endorse or make any representations about third-party Web sites, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. Please note that your use of third-party Web sites is entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use and privacy policies, if any, of such sites. UPS is not responsible for the activities of third-party Web sites.

So basically, UPS is telling me that logging onto this website is the only way I can be in compliance....yet at the same time UPS warns me that I am entering my personal information onto that website at my own risk and that UPS is not responsible for any identity theft that might occur!

Can you blame me for having concerns?

I never had a problem with bringing in my SS card and birth certificate. I understood that UPS was complying with the law. I just wish that some effort had been made to better communicate what steps were being taken...if any... to protect the personal information we were being required to put out on the internet.