I am paid fairly for the work I do...

Code43

This SFA question always makes me laugh.

Hello all. New to this site. 10 years of service as a driver at Express. Couldn't be more miserable or feel less appreciated as an employeee.

I've given 10 years of my life to this company. In return I'm one whole dollar away from what a new hire makes and ten dollars away from top of range.
I was less then ten dollars away from top of range when I started.

They're gonna keep taking from us. No one cares about the frontline employees of this company. Managers make their money and bonus's from the sweat off our backs. What do we get? Gap reports and hot dogs. this place is hell on earth.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This SFA question always makes me laugh.

Hello all. New to this site. 10 years of service as a driver at Express. Couldn't be more miserable or feel less appreciated as an employeee.

I've given 10 years of my life to this company. In return I'm one whole dollar away from what a new hire makes and ten dollars away from top of range.
I was less then ten dollars away from top of range when I started.

They're gonna keep taking from us. No one cares about the frontline employees of this company. Managers make their money and bonus's from the sweat off our backs. What do we get? Gap reports and hot dogs. this place is hell on earth.

Yes, it is. If you're young enough to do so...get out. And I mean that in the nicest, most sincere manner possible. There is ZERO future at this craphole.

Welcome aboard.

fedex_rtd

Sad but true, our ramp is a revolving door, and I have given up trying to remember any of the handlers names, as in less than 3 months they will be gone, and replaced by another sucker.

Sad because the senior is always dinging on..."we have to run the airline on time" yep, standing on the WASP looking at my watch tonight and the flight for INDH left 15min late again...

Serf

The look I got from a manager after he heard me talking to a new hire we have was demonic. The new hire asked about UPS. He said he is making more an hour as a courier for Express. I told him yes, per hour. But in two years the UPS driver will go from 17.50 to 32$ an hour. And will have 10-15 hours of overtime in his check. You will work 25-35 hours a week at this station. Rarely more in the peak, and sometimes less in the summer. Your benefits will erode, and your pension is enough to sustain you in a third world country.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The look I got from a manager after he heard me talking to a new hire we have was demonic. The new hire asked about UPS. He said he is making more an hour as a courier for Express. I told him yes, per hour. But in two years the UPS driver will go from 17.50 to 32$ an hour. And will have 10-15 hours of overtime in his check. You will work 25-35 hours a week at this station. Rarely more in the peak, and sometimes less in the summer. Your benefits will erode, and your pension is enough to sustain you in a third world country.

Where are you getting your "facts"?

We do not go from $17.50 to $32/hr in just two years. The progression for new hires is now 4 years. Of course, top rate by then will be $36/hr, if not a bit more.

"10-15 hours of overtime in his check" would mean he is working 2-3 hours of OT per day----that just doesn't happen. 5-10 is more likely, although most of us get 5 or less per week. Some of us even get guarantee pay in our checks. :)

DontThrowPackages

We do not go from $17.50 to $32/hr in just two years. The progression for new hires is now 4 years. Of course, top rate by then will be $36/hr, if not a bit more.

"10-15 hours of overtime in his check" would mean he is working 2-3 hours of OT per day----that just doesn't happen. 5-10 is more likely, although most of us get 5 or less per week. Some of us even get guarantee pay in our checks. :)
My UPS guys easily get 2 or 3 hours of OT a day. I guess NY is the retirement state for UPS drivers.

By The Book

I'm going to agree to your 4 year progression reply and disagree to your reply on the 2-3 hours overtime in a day. I personally know of drivers getting these numbers regularly. These are the exception and not the rule though, as its more like 7-10 hours overtime per week. They also bonus on top of these long hours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm going to agree to your 4 year progression reply and disagree to your reply on the 2-3 hours overtime in a day. I personally know of drivers getting these numbers regularly. These are the exception and not the rule though, as its more like 7-10 hours overtime per week. They also bonus on top of these long hours.

My experience is limited to my center and what I read here but in my center there is no way anyone gets 2-3 hours of OT per day. Our center manager is adamant that no one go over 9.5 without permission, which is rarely given.

DontThrowPackages

Agree. Some of these UPS drivers are doing 6 figures, granted they're delivering in the pitch dark everyday.

By The Book

My experience is limited to my center and what I read here but in my center there is no way anyone gets 2-3 hours of OT per day. Our center manager is adamant that no one go over 9.5 without permission, which is rarely given.
On a smaller scale(your center) it may be easier to control the hours. It would be nice if all centers limited the hours to 9.5.

Motown

last week I had just over 13 hours of OT so it happens.We have one guy who works right up to the 60 hour limit.You don't have to work till its pitch black to do it.It's quite easy

Motown

No I don't.Did that once and learned my lesson.Uncle Sam took most of it in taxes.Orion really is awful so I unfortunately work in the pitch black.The guy who gets 60 hours does EAM's in the morning

theslinger

Couple of guys in my center work on avg of 55-60 hrs per work. A few of them do EAMs but the rest have their regular route.