I Asked, They Answered: What Happens if You Get Corona?

MassWineGuy

I gave my manager a list of questions about what happens if I contracted Coronavirus. How would I be paid, etc. I then found myself in a closed door meeting with three managers. I was told:

If I think I’m sick and want to self-quarantine, pay is under the condition of employment status and they’d pay me the pt minimum of 17.5 hours/week.

If I then saw a doctor and was officially diagnosed with the virus, my pay would switch to sick leave and vacation time. Obviously this works better for them instead of paying me for minimum hours for as long as I’m ill.

No one mentioned closing the station as a precaution.

AB831

I gave my manager a list of questions about what happens if I contracted Coronavirus. How would I be paid, etc. I then found myself in a closed door meeting with three managers. I was told:

If I think I’m sick and want to self-quarantine, pay is under the condition of employment status and they’d pay me the pt minimum of 17.5 hours/week.

If I then saw a doctor and was officially diagnosed with the virus, my pay would switch to sick leave and vacation time. Obviously this works better for them instead of paying me for minimum hours for as long as I’m ill.

So they punish your for contracting a disease that you most assuredly only caught because you were working for them? FedEx Cares lmaooo. Did you get the pamphlet that said they're following all of the CDC's advice and precautions? I almost spewed my hot chocolate upon reading that garbage.

MassWineGuy

It’s feasible that someone could sue them for not doing all they could. Or for not screening everyone for fever as is happening in Memphis.

I almost think proving a point is worth the legal expense.

I’m sure many lawyers will do it for a third of the payout.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Why not go to HR and HCMP?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It's always on Fred's terms. I like the fact that nobody mentioned closing down the station. Can't do that.

I'd imagine MEM has them on a pretty short choke chain right now. Anybody who deviates from the "script" is in for a tough career road ahead.

Smoke, mirrors, and lies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So they punish your for contracting a disease that you most assuredly only caught because you were working for them? FedEx Cares lmaooo. Did you get the pamphlet that said they're following all of the CDC's advice and precautions? I almost spewed my hot chocolate upon reading that garbage.

You "get it". 5 stars.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Why not go to HR ?

Laughing-at-You.jpg

MassWineGuy

I have contacted our district hr person in the past. Then the managers get bent out of shape because I didn’t ask them first. I don’t really care. I go where the information is.

I imagine that even if a station wasn’t shut down if people there got sick, the municipal health department would probably do it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm sure Fred would send someone down there to pay them off. He has no soul.

Satan has his soul. Fred sold it so he could win his famous blackjack game that saved Federal Express. Or was it that time he was drunk and ran over and killed the pedestrian in MEM?

Either way, Fred and Satan are bros.

liontamer

I was told that the sales reps were told to stay home and to NOT enter any fedex facility!