I believe God speaks to people through their conscience and their thoughts. Some only believe God speaks to mankind through the Bible. What about you?

floridays

Do you believe God speaks to people through their thoughts and conscience or do you believe He only speaks to mankind through the Bible?
I believe God is a Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit the three are one, each with different offices, each with different tasks.

The Holy Spirit in part leads and guides, speaks if you will, never contrary with the Word of God, Jesus, who proclaimed

John 14:9

King James Version

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Yet the Father could not die for the sin of his creation, it took a body, God in the flesh....... Jesus

Hebrews 10:5-7

King James Version

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

floridays

I believe myself to be the latter.

I am thankful for His love and mercy.
It took the shedding of blood, from His Son.
God the Father could never satisfy His Holiness, with a wave of the hand, " It's all good, Love and Mercy for all."

It took a sacrifice, blood was shed, death was required.

How did you recieve His love and mercy, by morals?

upschuck

I believe if your conscience goes against what the Bible says it may just be pointing out limitations or possible errors or confusion within the Bible.
My conscience tells me to murder a million people, and rape every women I see. I believe it's from God. What say you?

Your version, anything I want to do, it is God's will. God wants more from you than that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I believe God is a Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit the three are one, each with different offices, each with different tasks.

The Holy Spirit in part leads and guides, speaks if you will, never contrary with the Word of God, Jesus, who proclaimed

John 14:9​

King James Version​

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Yet the Father could not die for the sin of his creation, it took a body, God in the flesh....... Jesus

Hebrews 10:5-7​

King James Version​

5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
So am I understanding your answer to be that you believe God does speak to mankind through the thoughts and conscience of man. Correct?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It took the shedding of blood, from His Son.
God the Father could never satisfy His Holiness, with a wave of the hand, " It's all good, Love and Mercy for all."

It took a sacrifice, blood was shed, death was required.

How did you recieve His love and mercy, by morals?
No by grace.

Integrity

Binge Poster
My conscience tells me to murder a million people, and rape every women I see. I believe it's from God. What say you?

Your version, anything I want to do, it is God's will. God wants more from you than that.
Based upon my understanding I would say that this would be more likely to be Satan or a demon talking to you, I wouldn’t think thoughts like this should be attributed to God.

Some writers of the Bible try to do this but I won’t.

Your last sentence is way off.

floridays

No sometimes I have trouble understanding what someone is trying to say.

Do you believe God speaks to man through thoughts and conscience at times?
I believe the Holy Spirit leads, guides or quickens if you wil,l to the written word of scripture.

Jesus said,

John 10:27-28

King James Version

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

You asked a question, this is my response.
I did not hear a voice,
How did I get here?

upschuck

Based upon my understanding I would say that this would be more likely to be Satan or a demon talking to you, I wouldn’t think thoughts like this should be attributed to God.
Why do you say that? My conscience said that and I believe God told me to do it.

floridays

I like the direction you are leading him.
He can't see the trap.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I believe the Holy Spirit leads, guides or quickens if you wil,l to the written word of scripture.

Jesus said,

John 10:27-28​

King James Version​

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

You asked a question, this is my response.
I did not hear a voice,
How did I get here?

?