I believe God speaks to people through their conscience and their thoughts. Some only believe God speaks to mankind through the Bible. What about you?

upschuck

@upschuck,

Have you ever even given a clear response to this thread topic?
Yes, that's why I'm responding to you. I brought it back to the thread topic.

Or is it only you that is allowed to ask the questions?

I believe that the Bible is the yardstick which you measure your life. You only believe what you agree with.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So what if I think those other parts are wrong. They were wrong when they said don't murder or abuse women.
??
That will be something you have to reconcile. I think that’s between you and God
Is that what Olsten teaches?
No.
I know you listen to him.
At times.
Everybody does that. Lol. Smh.
I disagree. Believe what you want to believe.
That requires no faith whatsoever.
I disagree. However you are entitled to your beliefs

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
??
That will be something you have to reconcile. I think that’s between you and God

No.

At times.

I disagree. Believe what you want to believe.

I disagree. However you are entitled to your beliefs
Something I've noticed about your threads is that you try to make others expound upon their positions, and then you clam up when asked about yours.

It doesn't seem like a very productive stance from someone who attempts to start conversations. Especially about provocative or controversial topics.
It seems like you should be willing to share your thoughts more freely if you expect others to do so.

Just my two cents.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes, that's why I'm responding to you. I brought it back to the thread topic.
Can you refresh my memory as to your position as to the topic of this discussion thread. If not that’s ok too. I understand.
Or is it only you that is allowed to ask the questions?
You are entitled to ask any questions in any manner you like as I am entitled to reply to them in any many I like. ( within the parameters of the BS TOS of course.)
I believe that the Bible is the yardstick which you measure your life.
Not sure who you are really talking about. ?? This sentence is unclear to me.
You only believe what you agree with.
I believe what believe. I don’t believe what I don’t believe.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Something I've noticed about your threads is that you try to make others expound upon their positions, and then you clam up when asked about yours.

It doesn't seem like a very productive stance from someone who attempts to start conversations. Especially about provocative or controversial topics.
It seems like you should be willing to share your thoughts more freely if you expect others to do so.

Just my two cents.
@BadIdeaGuy,

Thank you. I appreciate your position.

I have found I can’t keep individuals from expounding and straying from the topic of discussion threads I start.

I think my position regarding the topic of this discussion thread is clear and contained in the OP.

I certainly can control the posts I make and my willingness to stray from the original topic in the discussion threads that I start.

I encourage any who want to expound or advance discussions that are not directly related to the topic to start their own discussion threads.

I most assuredly would participate to the level that I am comfortable with.

Thanks for your input.

upschuck

You asked the question, fine.

If you think God told you that then I guess you have already answered your own question.
I'm pointing out the ridiculousness of your position.

Your position is if your conscience tells you something that is contrary to the Bible, that it is God telling you that, I say it is not. You are cherry picking what you want to live by, and disregarding everything else. Everone can say that, to some degree.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm pointing out the ridiculousness of your position.
That is your opinion. I disagree with your opinion.
Your position is if your conscience tells you something that is contrary to the Bible, that it is God telling you that, I say it is not.
That is not my position. You obviously don’t understand my position about this.
You are cherry picking what you want to live by, and disregarding everything else.
This is not what I am doing. I have read the complete Bible in different translations several times in my lifetime and I hope to complete it, all of it, many more while still here on earth.
Everone can say that, to some degree.
Everyone can say whatever they want and believe whatever they want. I judge no man.

upschuck

That is not my position. You obviously don’t understand my position about this.
You have stated your position that you believe your thoughts over the Bible, because the Bible has many errors in it.

If that is not it, then I guess I don't and apologize, but you've stated that position several times.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You have stated your position that you believe your thoughts over the Bible, because the Bible has many errors in it.
I did not say this.
If that is not it, then I guess I don't and apologize, but you've stated that position several times.

Below you will find fair sample of my quotes within this thread regarding the original topic, including the original topic.
So when I believe I hear from God “What happens? Do I hear a voice or something?”

“No, I believe God normally talks to us through our thoughts. I believe it is the
natural way for him to reach us. Let Him put the questions to you
about your business, and your home life, and the bit of the world you live in. Think over the problems of the day against the background question,
“What does God want?” rather than “What do I want?” I believe you will find convictions forming in your mind as you do. This is a primary way that I believe God has spoken to me and still does to this day.

Any thoughts for discussion?

I don’t believe all thoughts are from God, some attribute bad thoughts of mankind to Satan or demons.

I believe if your conscience goes against what the Bible says it may just be pointing out limitations or possible errors or confusion within the Bible.

Based upon my understanding I would say that this would be more likely to be Satan or a demon talking to you, I wouldn’t think thoughts like this should be attributed to God.

Some writers of the Bible try to do this but I won’t.

Your last sentence is way off.

Why do you say that? My conscience said that and I believe God told me to do it.

Prayer, meditation, solitude, scripture. I hear from God in my thoughts and my conscience most when I am actively seeking Him.

upschuck

did not say this.

You did say it
What I actually mean is that I don’t believe that the scriptures are the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith and practice.

Above: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, Faith in “the Good News”

On par:
Meditation, Prayer, Conscious Contact with God, The Holy Spirit’s voice heard through various means, My Conscience. Living by the Spirit and not by the Flesh.

Freedom of moral conscience is always above any written code. I go with what I truly believe.

upschuck

You have proven that I didn’t say what you claimed.

Thank you for showing exactly what I did say by the quotes you referenced.

👍
You did say that in other words. The Bible is not at the top of your list, and could be way down that list depending how you feel for the day.

Your conscience is above any written code, aka the Bible. It can be swayed as the wind blows.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You did say that in other words.
So you reworded what I said to your words and said I said that. Am I understanding you correctly?
The Bible is not at the top of your list, and could be way down that list depending how you feel for the day.
This is a false statement.
Your conscience is above any written code, aka the Bible.
As the Holy Spirit of God speaks and leads me yes.
It can be swayed as the wind blows.
False statement.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I've said before he does, but if it conflicts with the Bible, it is not from God.
So you believe God does speaks to you through your thoughts and or your conscience at times and not exclusively through the Bible?

Do you ever journal?

What if in your thoughts and your conscience God told you to go and attack the Amalekites(or a more contemporary people group) and completely destroy everything they have. Do not spare them. Kill men and women, infants and nursing babies, oxen and sheep, camels and donkeys? What say you?

This not the same question but similar to yours.

upschuck

you reworded what I said to your words and said I said that. Am I understanding you correctly?
Different words, same meaning.
This is a false statement
Did you even read the quoted post? You said it was below, and on par, or equal to, which is not above, or top of the list.
As the Holy Spirit of God speaks and leads me yes.
Lol, this contradicts your answer right above.

Have a good rest of the day. You're too much sometimes.