I blew my road test... badly.

BrownTruckWannabe

I was being facetious.

Admit it----you thought this job would be a joke.

Not at all. I was well aware it would be a challenge. I have a family member in ups in San Francisco who worked their way up to regional management. They started at the bottom too.

I love hard work though. Sitting all day at a desk all day was boring to me. I've worked a lot of hard jobs, landscaping, painting, unloading containers, etc. My landscaping job was absolutely grueling but it was also my favorite job. Too bad my boss was an :censored2: and lost all the customers his father gave him.

What I'm saying is, I wouldn't have applied if I thought it was going to be a joke.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Even you UpstateNYUPSer. Knowing people will be thinking about me like you do actually motivates me quite a bit. Upstate must be a pretty sweet place to drive. I love the scenery over there.

BrownTruckWannabe

If you've driven a U-Haul, you should of been used to the blind spots on the truck.
UPS trucks have the backing camera so they are actually easier to maneuver.
Most people aren't used to the length and end up hitting the curb on a right turn. In a full truck, YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT lol.

When you get the chance, sign up for Saturday air.
Your second road test will be easier to you and you gain a lot of experience in delivery AND driving.
Yea you are right, I should have been. It was probably my nerves more than anything.

UPS2012

I win no matter what
Computer Science.

Programming became a lot less fun when forced to do it 10 hours a day. Sure it pays decent right off the bat but money isn't everything and now I can go home and actually enjoy doing computer stuff and make a little extra doing it.

Well if you can be patient go for it man