I blew my road test... badly.

Over 70

Just do the job exactly as youre trained and it's frankly easy.

Too many guys make it out to be harder than it is by worrying about a bunch of factors out of their control.

Once you know your methods, management noise can go in one ear and out the other.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
It isn't that bad from what I see.

th
th
th
470UPSaccident2.jpg

Johney

Computer Science.

Programming became a lot less fun when forced to do it 10 hours a day. Sure it pays decent right off the bat but money isn't everything and now I can go home and actually enjoy doing computer stuff and make a little extra doing it.
So spend 4 years busting your ass in school to get a diploma and decide your now going to bust your ass for another ten years to make the same amount of money you'd likely start out in CS?
SMH.

Box Ox

So spend 4 years busting your ass in school to get a diploma and decide your now going to bust your ass for another ten years to make the same amount of money you'd likely start out in CS?
SMH.

This X 1,000. Enjoy the AC, time/holidays with the family and high demand for your skills.

Johney

This X 1,000. Enjoy the AC, time/holidays with the family and high demand for your skills.
One of my fellow workers son graduated with his 4 year degree in CS and in less than 2 months(1 month to relax 1 month interviewing) is making $75,000 a year starting. 23 years old.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It's not uncommon to fail the first road test, I did. I went out in a converted P-600 that had bench seats installed in the back, this was about 1979-80. I was driving a '69 Vette with a Muncie 4-speed back then, so shifting wasn't a problem. On a six-lane highway intersection, I made an illegal left-hand turn. The instructor told me to pull over to change drivers after the turn, I merged into the wrong lane after going through the traffic light and got disqualified for that. I had simply misunderstood his directions at that moment. Back to the Midnight Sort I went to wait another year.

Hump dump and roll

It's not uncommon to fail the first road test, I did. I went out in a converted P-600 that had bench seats installed in the back, this was about 1979-80. I was driving a '69 Vette with a Muncie 4-speed back then, so shifting wasn't a problem. On a six-lane highway intersection, I made an illegal left-hand turn. The instructor told me to pull over to change drivers after the turn, I merged into the wrong lane after going through the traffic light and got disqualified for that. I had simply misunderstood his directions at that moment. Back to the Midnight Sort I went to wait another year.
Should have said you were just practicing for the future of our savior that is known only as ORION.

Box Ox

ORION was not even a twinkle in the company's eye back in 1979-80.

There are rumors that corporate was inspired by the Emperor as first portrayed in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980). So Atlanta brought in an anonymous dark lord to brainstorm ideas that would make him proud. About a week later, a body of work codenamed "Project Hoth" (after the Battle of Hoth, a great victory of the Sith Empire) was born.

It soon became clear to corporate that while Project Hoth was by far the most evil thing they'd ever come up with, the technology needed to draw the number of zigzagging lines necessary to really make it a Star Destroyer caliber clusterbang wasn't yet available. So the project was shelved for a later time.

Fast forward to the 21st century. Project Hoth was dusted off and rolled out as ORION. Mission accomplished.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
There are rumors that corporate was inspired by the Emperor as first portrayed in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980). So Atlanta brought in an anonymous dark lord to brainstorm ideas that would make him proud. About a week later, a body of work codenamed "Project Hoth" (after the Battle of Hoth, a great victory of the Sith Empire) was born.

It soon became clear to corporate that while Project Hoth was by far the most evil thing they'd ever come up with, the technology needed to draw the number of zigzagging lines necessary to really make it a Star Destroyer caliber clusterbang wasn't yet available. So the project was shelved for a later time.

Fast forward to the 21st century. Project Hoth was dusted off and rolled out as ORION. Mission accomplished.
Wow, that was creative. 5 stars

BrownTruckWannabe

Like I said, money isn't everything. Got my degree in 2013. Tried working a programming job and was pretty much instantly depressed. It made me start to hate programming and I didn't want that so I got out.

I still work on software independently and can eventually monetize that. The way I see it is now I have a part- time job with benefits, a workout, and home before noon. Leaves me plenty of time to work on my own projects that I enjoy working on and we can see where it goes from there.

Box Ox

The way I see it is now I have a part- time job with benefits, a workout, and home before noon. Leaves me plenty of time to work on my own projects that I enjoy working on and we can see where it goes from there.

Now that's perfectly reasonable. Part timers with sweet side gigs have it made.

Going FT driver if you're one of those folks is a huge, huge, HUUUUUUUGE mistake.