I blew my road test... badly.

BrownTruckWannabe

Now that's perfectly reasonable. Part timers with sweet side gigs have it made.

Going FT driver if you're one of those folks is a huge, huge, HUUUUUUUGE mistake.

Yea I wouldn't necessarily want to drive full time permanently. The seasonal gig was for the money and to see if I could handle the job. I do want to be on the road though maybe 1-3 times a week. I like driving and it will break up the monotony.

Box Ox

You've said any idiot could do it...in the same post you said we are overpaid...go fly a kite you goddam buffoon

jREc5.gif

ROLL TIDE

Star B

White Lightening
Happens on Saturday and what? You deliver boxes of air? Deliver/pick-up from airplanes?
Yep.

Your truck is full of empty Dish network boxes while your paid to be a collection agency agent.

We are the true Saturday Air. You all should know it... because we're an airline that happens to own a ton of road vehicles.

W

What The Hawk?

Why the :censored2: didn't anybody tag me in this? LOL I failed my test miserably! Bruh, I failed my road test for swerving. Same thing you did. You're not used to a big vehicle. Drivers are told to "Aim high in steering" where you imagine a dart board in front of you, to keep the truck centered. I didn't do so well at backing either. Others have hit the curb and passed. These are things you need to get a hold of before you drive for UPS.

My suggestion to you is to ask for the driving key points you need to know. I have the entire list taped on my door so I can study that every day. I'm going to retake in 6 months (now 4 months) because there's a mandatory wait time. Don't be too hard on yourself. I bet there's someone out there who HAS hit another vehicle on their road test. It'll be okay. Take the position, study, rent a uhaul and practice. You'll get there! I'm also 26 btw. In the same boat. ;)