I can’t keep quiet anymore

BigBrownboxx

The fact that the main drive of this next contract is to get part timers up to 20 dollars an hour is a joke…part timers get full benefits and should be thankful…I worked part time for over 13 years before a driving job came open in my center..I worked both pre load and reload..and you know what else…I worked another freaking job..THATS RIGHT SISSYS…2 Jobs!…Screw the part timers!..horrible loaders terrible sorters awful spa label stickers…DRIVERS DESERVE $50 an hour immediately after 8-1-23..DRIVERS handle every problem out there…bad pal labels ..leakers and damaged packages…misloads…poor dispatch..IM OVER IT…23 years in and I’m ready TO STRIKE!!! But not for the whining part timers.
Agreed, I had negative checks when I worked part time. They took out union dues. I worked 2 jobs

PT Car Washer

Would you pension not be better if you went full time?
Yes. But like a lot of FT I would have to share it with my ex wife or wives meaning I am better off with a smaller pension and one wife. One thing I have learned is that money does not mean happiness. I am happier now working my jobs and staying busy then I have ever been. I know it will only last for another 5 to 10 years.

Yes. But like a lot of FT I would have to share it with my ex wife or wives meaning I am better off with a smaller pension and one wife. One thing I have learned is that money does not mean happiness. I am happier now working my jobs and staying busy then I have ever been. I know it will only last for another 5 to 10 years.
Do you seriously want to work here forever?

allahuakbar

She/Her
Back in the day people actually wanted to get their foot in the door so they could be a driver
It’s totally not worth it anymore. Package is the only job where management is looking for any reason to bang you up with write ups,suspensions and or walked out. Every other job at UPS is don’t steal and you won’t get fired.

It’s totally not worth it anymore. Package is the only job where management is looking for any reason to bang you up with write ups,suspensions and or walked out. Every other job at UPS is don’t steal and you won’t get fired.
Like I tell when movies you don't want to come with this job as yourself
You're not a dirty driver can you come and give an honest effort there's not much they can do to you
45 hours a week equals $100,000 a year job

allahuakbar

She/Her
Like I tell when movies you don't want to come with this job as yourself
You're not a dirty driver can you come and give an honest effort there's not much they can do to you
45 hours a week equals $100,000 a year job
I have barely any issues with management myself and put a decent effort in. but the constant worry of making one mistake one day isn’t worth the stress but I still come in lol.

Thebrownblob

Well I guess if that was possible but I don't think it is .LOL Easiest job I have ever had and making more money then I ever have. I am a humble man with humble needs.
1678764225726.gif

reginald95

This is widely overblown, places were that takes place is usually just because the people in charge are just dicks. People that feel that way usually are trying to game the system and get on the radar of management. I've been doing it for 11 years so far and never once saw it on a large scale.

The drivers that do get in trouble a lot are because they do try to purposely work slow, late all the time, complain that they cant finish their routes all the time or other things. If you just show up and give a fair days work for a fair days pay, you can just punch in and punch out with no one batting an eye on you.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Try and do a good job at loading the package cars and the sup is saying you are taking too much time. "Just get the packages in the car and let the driver worry about it." Driver complains every morning about how many stops he has that day and like it is your fault. I wouldn't care either for $16/hr.
Different towards the end of the day compared to when the loader tells you they do not care.