I can’t keep quiet anymore

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
People simply don’t want to do that kind of work and it doesn’t matter how much you pay them.
I disagree with you and I’d wager that many others do too on this point.

It seems a lot of people here on this thread are making assumptions about what “people” want. It’s not the 50s anymore. Many now are drawn to UPS because of how they sell part time then quit or move to full time when they realize what part time actually is.

nWo

I would say this is the result of the IBT's compromise at the expense of PTers (and at the cost of demanding FT jobs) 4 decades ago. People learned to justify it. Two-tier pay scales benefit the company and divide the union.

Hell, I already see it with 22.4s. Recently I was talking with a driver less than 5 years from retirement. He laid into 22.4s, insisting they all were a bunch of traitors who would cross the picket line if we struck. This same fellow had less than 5 years seniority in 1997 and he didn't cross the picket line ...

What? ??? 22.4s are traitors? Based on what?

Whither

Scofflaw
What? ??? 22.4s are traitors? Based on what?
Maybe that wasn't clear. The 22.4 classification has further divided the union. I don't agree at all w the older driver, but he was convinced that 22.4s would cross picket lines en masse.