I can’t keep quiet anymore

wilberforce15

Because we are Teamsters.
So Teamsters should use bargaining power to get something that they would get anyway? Are you trying to tell me Teamsters are stupid, because that's stupid. We are going to get 20 an hour for new hires anyway. You don't need to bargain for it.

reginald95

In my experience the 22.4s are the most ready to strike. They are all frustrated that they are doing the same job for less.

Damn. And here I was a RPCD doing the job for 4 years before I got paid the same as a top rate driver. They have standing if they keep doing 22.4 for more than 4 years. As long as they get made to RPCD by the 4th year it should be considered as progression pay.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Damn. And here I was a RPCD doing the job for 4 years before I got paid the same as a top rate driver. They have standing if they keep doing 22.4 for more than 4 years. As long as they get made to RPCD by the 4th year it should be considered as progression pay.
This is the wrong way to think about it and is why conditions are what they are for part timers and 22.4s.

Osubrownguy

The fact that the main drive of this next contract is to get part timers up to 20 dollars an hour is a joke…part timers get full benefits and should be thankful…I worked part time for over 13 years before a driving job came open in my center..I worked both pre load and reload..and you know what else…I worked another freaking job..THATS RIGHT SISSYS…2 Jobs!…Screw the part timers!..horrible loaders terrible sorters awful spa label stickers…DRIVERS DESERVE $50 an hour immediately after 8-1-23..DRIVERS handle every problem out there…bad pal labels ..leakers and damaged packages…misloads…poor dispatch..IM OVER IT…23 years in and I’m ready TO STRIKE!!! But not for the whining part timers.
Part time jobs aren’t meant to make a living off. I was working a 11-4 pizza delivery job during the week while working the twilight.. weekends working nights doing the same.. I will not be in favor of a contract mainly focused on part time pay rate when I started at 8.50 in 2016.

Osubrownguy

I believe that is the direction we are heading.

The problem now is the working conditions... nobody wants to work here, even for a full time position.

Our starting wage scale has to go up and there had to be an incentive for our current part timers to stay. College reimbursement and a weak unobtainable pension plan will not cut
I believe that is the direction we are heading.

The problem now is the working conditions... nobody wants to work here, even for a full time position.

Our starting wage scale has to go up and there had to be an incentive for our current part timers to stay. College reimbursement and a weak unobtainable pension plan will not cut it.
In my center turnover rate is always high and they always find a way to get a new batch of misloaders in..the good will always make it.. and eventually become drivers. Let’s focus on getting rid of 22.4 classifications .. and higher wages for us drivers✔️… there will always be the good part timers who have day jobs and just reap in the benefits.. yall keeping doing your thing..

wilberforce15

Part time jobs aren’t meant to make a living off. I was working a 11-4 pizza delivery job during the week while working the twilight.. weekends working nights doing the same.. I will not be in favor of a contract mainly focused on part time pay rate when I started at 8.50 in 2016.
If you think you got screwed, it's because you did. The old timers in your building started at 8.50 in 1984.

Your payment got sold out for their benefits. You don't have to screw the next guy. We should all be as lucky as the old guys.

Osubrownguy

If you think you got screwed, it's because you did. The old timers in your building started at 8.50 in 1984.

Your payment got sold out for their benefits. You don't have to screw the next guy. We should all be as lucky as the old guys.
I guess you don’t realize the true value of health insurance.. worked plenty of part time jobs in the past and nothing compared…the health insurance like we have always got atleast up to 2016 is worth quite a bit….

wilberforce15

I guess you don’t realize the true value of health insurance.. worked plenty of part time jobs in the past and nothing compared…the health insurance like we have always got atleast up to 2016 is worth quite a bit….
I understand it better than anyone here. I would show up to work for $0 an hour. I get that much out of the benefits. But the benefits are worth about $0 a month to a healthy 18 to 25 year old new hire with no wife and kids.

They don't care about the benefits. They can be on their parents' benefits. And they don't go to the doctor anyway. And the rest are on medicaid, and they don't care.

Commercial Inside Release

$10-20\mo for anyone over 50 to get burial insurance.
$65-100\mo for anyone that can get into a group, for medical.
Consider the $1300 yu will pay to the Teamster's, your dental fund.
Retirement is better handled by you!

UPS will not exist in the future.