I don't understand what they're doing

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red you must have inadvertently hit the reply button or I'm sure you would have also suggested that the manager fire the folks that were absent no call that day thus putting the sup in the situation of having to do the unions work.
Why fire them tie? You need to use corrective behavior or as you call it progresive discipline to address the call in situation. Tie if they have a horrible attendance problem, absolutely fire them! In the contract tie, go ahead and open it up for me. Now look at article 3, what does it say? Did it say that ups sups could work when some one called in? I didnt think so. Does it say they must exhaust all resources by using the double shifting list and or calling in drivers early? Yes it does, so once again management did not honor the contract and owes west side woman 5 hours of over time tie. Maybe you can do the right thing and see that she gets that pay.

tieguy

Banned
Why fire them tie? You need to use corrective behavior or as you call it progresive discipline to address the call in situation. Tie if they have a horrible attendance problem, absolutely fire them! In the contract tie, go ahead and open it up for me. Now look at article 3, what does it say? Did it say that ups sups could work when some one called in? I didnt think so. Does it say they must exhaust all resources by using the double shifting list and or calling in drivers early? Yes it does, so once again management did not honor the contract and owes west side woman 5 hours of over time tie. Maybe you can do the right thing and see that she gets that pay.

See Red thats what I like about you. Your person does not care about their job enough to pick up the phone and call us and you want him to get progressive discipline. My supervisor expecting him to show, not getting a phone call then ends up covering the work and you want to file a grievance with no progressive discipline applied on my supervisor. But I understand the importance of my sup working so the only right answer here is to fire your hourly so he can never put my sup in the position of having to generate a grievance for you. I should then tell the person how strongly you feel about my supervisor working and how the only right thing to do is to fire them so you the shop steward don't have to worry about me working a management person to cover my no call no shows.
I should then tell that fired hourly to be sure and thank you the shop steward for teaching them this very valuable lesson in life. :thumbup1:

good thing for you I don't transfer to chicago I would eat you for lunch.

705red

Browncafe Steward
See Red thats what I like about you. Your person does not care about their job enough to pick up the phone and call us and you want him to get progressive discipline.

Tie you might want to read your contract! It says on the 4th day of a no call no show if the employee has not punched in by his/her start time then you can take a terminating approach to it. I know the contract has big words and alot of you managers cant read it, thats why in 97 they worded it with 3rd grade grammar to help you and you still have trouble!

My supervisor expecting him to show, not getting a phone call then ends up covering the work and you want to file a grievance with no progressive discipline applied on my supervisor. But I understand the importance of my sup working so the only right answer here is to fire your hourly so he can never put my sup in the position of having to generate a grievance for you.

Again you might want to reread the contract! I would get everyoine of those terminations over turned and not only would you be paying grievances on your sups working you would be paying back pay to the terminated!

I should then tell the person how strongly you feel about my supervisor working and how the only right thing to do is to fire them so you the shop steward don't have to worry about me working a management person to cover my no call no shows.

Tie no worries there i would tell them for you, but if you did decide to harass employees over these grievances i promise you i would file unfair labor practice charges on you and have your little clueless mind in front of the nlrb! Just call chicago management and ask them if you dont believe me.

I should then tell that fired hourly to be sure and thank you the shop steward for teaching them this very valuable lesson in life. :thumbup1:

The only lesson he/she will learn is that they just got alot of free money for not calling in one night and that the manager probably wasnt qualified to operate a drive thru at mcdonalds!

good thing for you I don't transfer to chicago I would eat you for lunch.

Tie i will pay for your relocation costs for you to come down here. But if i were you i wouldnt up and move the family that fast, you will be going back real soon. Would you like me to send you a copy of the contract ahead of time? I can have my son translate it into crayon for you! I would really hate for you to not know what your talking about at work, we will leave that for here.

W

westsideworma

I hope he doesnt offend easy! His avatars a little scary! Sorry west side whatever!

haha over9five is right, West Center (westside), Worcester, MA

don't worry red chicago is a little far from me :lol:

tieguy

Banned
Tie i will pay for your relocation costs for you to come down here. But if i were you i wouldnt up and move the family that fast, you will be going back real soon. Would you like me to send you a copy of the contract ahead of time? I can have my son translate it into crayon for you! I would really hate for you to not know what your talking about at work, we will leave that for here.

Red you would also have to pay me for all the lessons I would be teaching you. And I don't work cheap. You can't afford me. Its better you chicago guys pretend you know the contract while you serve up your brothers so you can chase your BS grievances.

Tell me how do you do it when you serve him up. Do you look him in the eye and thank him for the easy grievance money as you walk with him on his last walk out the gate?

Probably would not make it to lunch you would be done by breakfast my friend.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red you would also have to pay me for all the lessons I would be teaching you. And I don't work cheap. You can't afford me. Its better you chicago guys pretend you know the contract while you serve up your brothers so you can chase your BS grievances.

Tell me how do you do it when you serve him up. Do you look him in the eye and thank him for the easy grievance money as you walk with him on his last walk out the gate?

Probably would not make it to lunch you would be done by breakfast my friend.
We will not trade grievances with management in chicago and we have lost employees, but we have also won alot of grievances and arbitrations. What we will argue is the contract and that is why we voted our union leaders in for, we saw what happens when you trade under the previous admin, and it wasnt pretty! So if someone gets fired for something he/she did we will argue it, but will not trade to save anyones job. We cant force people to come to work, not to steal, drive unsafe etc. What we can do is force ups to honor the contract at all times and understand that we mean business.

Tie dont you think that managers check you cash monthly is enough! I mean you dont even earn it anymore, ie tells you how many routes to run, if you can have an air driver in the morning, bd tells you what time to make the pick ups at, and loss prevention tells you to harass the drivers. I mean your job has been scripted like a scene in the movies right now, so go ahead and sit behind that big desk like its your center, because we the drivers know you dont run it anymore!

Most of our guys always walk back through that gate with a smile and a free paycheck, so kkep up the sub par work that your doing tie and who knows maybe one day you can go into ie and run a center again!

tieguy

Banned
We will not trade grievances with management in chicago and we have lost employees, but we have also won alot of grievances and arbitrations.

comon red tell me how you do it. Do ya give em a big hug as you walk out with them on their last walk and say thanks for the grievance BROTHER! Do ya tell them their sacrifice will make all of you richer. Give it a rest dude. You lost any credibility when you said you would serve up your brothers that called out ANC to file the grievance for sups working. With a brother like you I'd rather be an only child. :thumbup1:

705red

Browncafe Steward
comon red tell me how you do it. Do ya give em a big hug as you walk out with them on their last walk and say thanks for the grievance BROTHER! Do ya tell them their sacrifice will make all of you richer. Give it a rest dude. You lost any credibility when you said you would serve up your brothers that called out ANC to file the grievance for sups working. With a brother like you I'd rather be an only child. :thumbup1:
I dont mind losing credibility with you tie! I will not bend to management when it pertains to the contract, and if you plan on coming to chicago you might want to start practicing doing it by the book tie. Your in managemment tie and you will never hear me say any management is my brother! I might say that the managers who are good are good and fair people to the members but thats it! Tie does your steward sit in the office all day doing bs safety stuff for you? Or does he have a brand spanking new 12 cube? He probably gets a 2 to 3 hour lunch everyday and is in by 4 430! Im sure his fellow drivers worship the ground he walks on right? B.S.

tieguy

Banned

I'm applying . Can't wait. I'm gonna buy ya a real nice nose ring I can hook my chain up to.

Lets see how this plays out.

Me- Hi joe comon in and have a seat. This is red your steward he'll be representing you .

Joe- whats wrong.

me- well Joe you were absent no call no show monday.

joe- yea I um tied one on and kinda overslept.

me- understood. Unfortunately your absence forced my supervisor into having to work to cover you. And then Red here filed a grievance which means instead of me paying you 5 hours at 10 bucks an hour its now going to cost me 5 bucks at reds wage rate. This is very expensive absence.

Joe- um yea sorry about that.

me- so joe I really don't see any way around this. I'm going to have to take your job. Now I've already talked this over with red your shop steward and he's fine with it as long as I don't have to work any sups. In fact he through his grievance is demanding I address your attendance problem.

Joe- he is. Hey red just what kind of freaking shop steward are you anyway?

Red- must uphold the honor and integrity of the contract. Good brothers may have to fall but I can not look the other way when that sup loads your split because you were too freaking stupid to call. After all I am a union steward first. Glory be to the union ( as he snaps his heels together)

yep would be good to see you try to goose step around that one.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm applying . Can't wait. I'm gonna buy ya a real nice nose ring I can hook my chain up to.

Lets see how this plays out.

Me- Hi joe comon in and have a seat. This is red your steward he'll be representing you .

Joe- whats wrong.

me- well Joe you were absent no call no show monday.

joe- yea I um tied one on and kinda overslept.
joe- i was sick it was coming out of both holes, i couldnt keep anything down. I tried calling in but the center phone kept ringing n ringing.

me- understood. Unfortunately your absence forced my supervisor into having to work to cover you. And then Red here filed a grievance which means instead of me paying you 5 hours at 10 bucks an hour its now going to cost me 5 bucks at reds wage rate. This is very expensive absence.
Red- thanks tie because now you just violated the contract by retaliating against an employee because of the grievance procedure, which is also a ulp! Also tie who did you call to come in early to fill this position?
Joe- um yea sorry about that.

me- so joe I really don't see any way around this. I'm going to have to take your job. Now I've already talked this over with red your shop steward and he's fine with it as long as I don't have to work any sups. In fact he through his grievance is demanding I address your attendance problem.
Red- your intention is to fire joe for not coming to work one time? You are aware that joe states he attempted to call in but your sup wasnt in the office and actually out setting up the work area which is also another violation of the contract. I have that grievance right here and we will talk about that when we are done here. Tie you have no case joe has never been talked to for attendance and you are aware that even if it was a ncns theres no extra punishment for it in the contract and is the same occurance as a call in, right?
Joe- he is. Hey red just what kind of freaking shop steward are you anyway?
Red- dont worry this manager doesnt know his :censored2: from a hole in the wall, and you will be back with all back pay and probably an apoligy from this cracker jack manager in front of all your fellow workers at pcm!
Red- must uphold the honor and integrity of the contract. Good brothers may have to fall but I can not look the other way when that sup loads your split because you were too freaking stupid to call. After all I am a union steward first. Glory be to the union ( as he snaps his heels together)
Red- When you addres the grievant you Will call him by his name joe, he is not one of your ptime sups that you can whip around. He is a union employee and has rights! And you will treat him with respect!
yep would be good to see you try to goose step around that one.
Tie-You know red i am sorry and was not aware what the contract said. Sometimes those big words really confuse me, im under alot of pressure here. Back in the day i could manage this center now im told how to manage it, i cant even go to the washroom without checking with corporate. Ok joe will receive a warning for the other night and i will make sure to check with ie to see if my parttime sup can do his paperwork in the office(by the phone) so in case anyone else calls in we will know. I dont think ie will let me start a ptimer early to set up the work area so i cant make any promises. I will pay you 5 hours of overtime for my sup working, once again i will honor the contract from here on out and you are god, thanks red.
Red- Screw you and just sign the grievance!

tieguy

Banned
Red - comon joe I'll walk out with you

Joe - what? Why?

Red- so I can explain this to you.

Joe- ah ok.

Red- now joe. I just want to thank you. (gives joe an awkward hug) See I can't get those sups to work if you show up for work and if you call them then they have time to plan for your abscence in which case the sups don't have to work either.

Joe- huh? what kind of freakin explanation is that.

Red- well red being a shop steward I'm kinda partial to that grievance money. Its extra revenue for the cause.

Joe- what cause?

Red- little reds college cause. That kid needs an education.

Joe- what?

Red- yep . if you come to work then junior can't go to college. So I just want to thank you for helping to keep junior off the street corners and off of crack.

Joe- come here mfer so I can kick your sorry ...

Red- now joe calm down this is a brotherhood fighting the evil empire. come down to the hall tommorrow I think we have a couple of openings through cow manure haulers local 105 i can hook you up with. Don't pay well but lots of free fertilizer if you work it right.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red - comon joe I'll walk out with you

Joe - what? Why?

Red- so I can explain this to you.

Joe- ah ok.

Red- now joe. I just want to thank you. (gives joe an awkward hug) See I can't get those sups to work if you show up for work and if you call them then they have time to plan for your abscence in which case the sups don't have to work either.

Joe- huh? what kind of freakin explanation is that.

Red- well red being a shop steward I'm kinda partial to that grievance money. Its extra revenue for the cause.

Joe- what cause?

Red- little reds college cause. That kid needs an education.

Joe- what?

Red- yep . if you come to work then junior can't go to college. So I just want to thank you for helping to keep junior off the street corners and off of crack.

Joe- come here mfer so I can kick your sorry ...

Red- now joe calm down this is a brotherhood fighting the evil empire. come down to the hall tommorrow I think we have a couple of openings through cow manure haulers local 105 i can hook you up with. Don't pay well but lots of free fertilizer if you work it right.
Tie just for your info i have never put grievance money in my pocket minus 9.5 grievances that effect me. I spread the money around to all the highest seniority employees because they make the most money and it hurts your numbers the most to pay.

Please explain to me how you can cover an area for a call in but not a ncns? Either you have extra employees or you dont which is it?

tieguy

Banned
Tie just for your info i have never put grievance money in my pocket minus 9.5 grievances that effect me. I spread the money around to all the highest seniority employees because they make the most money and it hurts your numbers the most to pay.

Please explain to me how you can cover an area for a call in but not a ncns? Either you have extra employees or you dont which is it?

Have you ever worked any ups operation? Ever? Tell us the truth you're really some union lackey who has never worked at ups?

HazMatMan

Lucky for you! lol When the cubs beat the red sox in the world series you can come and stay here with me for our home games!

Now that is an assinine statement to say the least!! Cubs in the series??? LOL...
I think you had your chance a few years ago but Bartman?? Dartman?? blew it for you..

brownman15

Now that is an assinine statement to say the least!! Cubs in the series??? LOL...
I think you had your chance a few years ago but Bartman?? Dartman?? blew it for you..
this could be the cubs year watch out they are coming on strong only 4.5 out anything can happen could have two championships this year the chicago rush and the chicago cubs