I don't want to lose my job!!

ski or die

Ski or Die
If the company suspects you are on drugs or have been drinking, more than one supervisor has to observe this, they can make you take a test even without a conviction. If the someone happens to mention your legal problems, you can bet they will keep a close eye on you.

Working man ups

I don't really want to get into semantics about responsibility and your responsibility I'm trying to do something responsible I was never intending on doing anything illegal as I've said I have a baby on the way I'm a 10-year driver for a reason I've only had one write up my entire career I am not one of these dudes who take my job for granted

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm in a bad situation. So here it goes. I'm a 10-year driver with UPS. In all the years I have not had but one write up. I've never called out sick, I come to work on time and I'm pretty high on the sonority.
I took my vacation week back in May where I took my fiance to Orlando. I had recently purchased what I believed was a CBD pen/vape that is completely legal to buy and use from any head shop. On our way down we are pulled over and I unfortunately was arrested for the CBD pen which unbeknownst to me contained THC. I was informed it was a felony because of the THC and I was arrested that day. I was released within 24 hours. I hired a lawyer who went to my first court date which was 1 week ago. As of Friday I was offered a plea deal. To have a felony charge non conviction. Unfortunately ignorance to something does not negate a charge. I accepted the plea and now have a court date in a week to see the judge which is out of my County about 3 hours from me where I'll post fees ect . I have yet to inform my employer that this issue had happened because I did not know what I was looking at just yet or what standing I'd be in.
Being as it is the end of the year I have no more option days and no more vacation time left. I am caught in a real bind I don't want to lose my job over this. My fiance is now 3 months pregnant. I don't know what to do with this. Should I inform them should I not? I don't want there to be an Integrity issue.do they really check up on things like this? If I do not inform them I would have to play hooky and call out sick so I can make it to my court date also yet again jeopardizing my job. As you can see I'm really caught in a bind I don't want to mislead anybody but I also don't want to lose my job over this. If I am honest with them and give them the information is there a chance I can be fired?
Please help. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Your friendly neighborhood hard working UPS Man

Lesson learned bud, Vaping and Vape pens are for sissy millennials that can’t do their own laundry. Smoke cigarettes like a real man!

Vaping, SMGDH
How the hell are they going to find out just keep your mouth shut .

This guy should change his name to Hendry.....

Working man ups

Total BS on their part, you had every right to take off for any of those; I had two of those incidences happen and I got the rest of the day off.

In my opinion I should have gotten those days off I even spoke to my union rep when the situation was happening and yet my job is still threatened my Center does not play and they are very unforgiving

Working man ups

Lesson learned bud, Vaping and Vape pens are for sissy millennials that can’t do their own laundry. Smoke cigarettes like a real man!

Vaping, SMGDH

I do smoke cigarettes again I won't even considered about vaping I just didn't want to do anything illegal and I wanted to calm my nerves at the same while getting ready to propose to my high school sweetheart I am now in my 30s so this was a big deal and I don't drink and drive so my nerves were shot already and I agree with you but I didn't want to do anything else that might be legal so vaping seems like the best option cuz it was legal

MyTripisCut

Vaping, SMGDH

Next time man up and smoke cigarettes! Only creeps vape.

9511C2F5-E3D5-4663-B30B-B5A839F45C50.jpeg

When people “bum” a vape? I didn’t know it was weed!

Working man ups

I only did it cuz I heard CBD helps with anxiety and I don't want to mess up my proposal and again didn't know that it was possible for it to have any THC in it and that it was a felony if it did. Oh I would like to state is anybody who smokes cigarettes or pot or what have you this is all victimless crimes I don't really think people should be losing their jobs and going to jail over it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
As I've said I don't know why people are judging me based on this it was a legalized CBD pen unbeknownst to me contain THC I'm not a drug user I don't ever drink and drive or in any of that situation I only bought the CBD pain cuz I was nervous about proposing to my girlfriend on this trip and I thought that would help I don't k I know way would have done it had I known it contain THC and it was a felony and I would risk losing my job I am not irresponsible in that way. I was only doing what I was aware was completely legal

This couldn't get any funnier.

" I was nervous about proposing to my girlfriend, so I went to the local head shop

to get something to mellow me out, and got busted."

This has "best thread ever" written all over it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I only did it cuz I heard CBD helps with anxiety and I don't want to mess up my proposal and again didn't know that it was possible for it to have any THC in it and that it was a felony if it did. Oh I would like to state is anybody who smokes cigarettes or pot or what have you this is all victimless crimes I don't really think people should be losing their jobs and going to jail over it.
Mess it up? You already knocked her up? What anxiety?

Working man ups

I don't know if you're just trolling or what but as I explained to you I didn't bum a vape I didn't use somebody else's I bought a CBD pen New at a local head shop which is completely legal. There's no way for me to go in there and test the CBD before I buy it. Why would I risk my 10-year job? Not worth it. technically if I could have a receipt or some kind of evidence that I purchase it there I could sue the hell out of that head shop. I unfortunately didn't think I would need to do that like any other human being. If what you're shaming me for is ignorance I'm sure I'm not the only one on here who is made a mistake without realizing it until it was too late that's all I'm saying.

Johney

How in the hell can they charge you with a Felony when there is no amount of weight involved? At best you would be charged with possession of drug equipment which I'm quite sure is not a felony. Your lawyer is an idiot.

MyTripisCut

How in the hell can they charge you with a Felony when there is no amount of weight involved? At best you would be charged with possession of drug equipment which I'm quite sure is not a felony. Your lawyer is an idiot.
I’m just glad I’m not his Steward....

Working man ups

again I just feel like you're trolling I didn't knock her up at the time this is my high-school sweetheart I am in my 30s now. I don't know if you've ever propose to a woman you love but it is nerve-wracking I don't care what the situation , and she is 3 months pregnant so she was not knocked up at the time are you here to help me or you here to troll me? I'm not trying to get into a war with anybody but you're picking apart what I'm saying and twisting it

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I would talk to your business agent. If you are just charged with possession.
If you got a dui or driving while high / under the influence then you must report. If you drive a ups vehicle without reporting that is immediate termination.

Working man ups

This couldn't get any funnier.

" I was nervous about proposing to my girlfriend, so I went to the local head shop

to get something to mellow me out, and got busted."

This has "best thread ever" written all over it.

I got busted for something that I was well within my rights to purchase and use legally.
Secondly, I don't know if you've ever proposed to somebody but it is nerve-racking and since I don't do other drugs and I don't drink I wanted to take the edge off I was nervous sue me for being a human being. I don't know why everybody's shaming me right now it was a human mistake not even made by me as I said the head shop should have been sued but there's really not much I can go on no paper trail I paid in cash and they have no cameras so again I asked very nicely please give me advice and stop shaming me