I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
actually ive possibly got more driving experience than you considering i used to do fuel trucks.
" used to do fuel trucks"
Lets see.. Over a million and a half miles in a brown truck and probably half of that was on a dirt road or single lane patchy black top.. not to mention the 25,000 miles a year with the personal vehicles... but whose countin'
wanna hear a funny joke?

american dream
Your nightmare

rickyb

" used to do fuel trucks"
Lets see.. Over a million and a half miles in a brown truck and probably half of that was on a dirt road or single lane patchy black top.. not to mention the 25,000 miles a year with the personal vehicles... but whose countin'

Your nightmare
you have my sympathies.

american nightmare.

rickyb

ive probably said this before but ill say it again:

karl marx said those who control the jobs also control what we think.

and then the matrix was partly about superficiality and appearances, but when you dig deeper you realize things are quite different in reality.

i walk past 2 fitness places when i walk the dog and you have all these people working out to appear to be healthy physically in one sense at least. if all the people who worked out everyday got together to tend to democracy and the economy and the environment, then we would actually be healthy instead of just appearing to be. unfortunately alot of the people who hit the gym are probably :censored2:s and not even mediocre depoliticized consumers.

we didnt tend to the garden of civilization and it is almost dead.

vantexan

ive probably said this before but ill say it again:

karl marx said those who control the jobs also control what we think.

and then the matrix was partly about superficiality and appearances, but when you dig deeper you realize things are quite different in reality.

i walk past 2 fitness places when i walk the dog and you have all these people working out to appear to be healthy physically in one sense at least. if all the people who worked out everyday got together to tend to democracy and the economy and the environment, then we would actually be healthy instead of just appearing to be. unfortunately alot of the people who hit the gym are probably :censored2:s and not even mediocre depoliticized consumers.

we didnt tend to the garden of civilization and it is almost dead.
At least your dog loves you.....

capitalism keeps us in a state of perpetual childhood: instead of making our own decisions like adults, we are told what to do all the time by capitalists on the job.
I guess you don’t have to grow up and continue to blame others that you are a loser. I can’t remember the last time I was told to do something.

rickyb

I guess you don’t have to grow up and continue to blame others that you are a loser. I can’t remember the last time I was told to do something.
let me remind you: the last time you worked at UPS

see when your an adult you take on more responsibility and make more decisions.

as a kid, you have less responsibility and more decisions are made for you.
being an employee more closely resembles the latter.

capitalism also centralizes risk and reward in the sense that a few people own everything. worker coops would spread the risk and reward to everyone.

rickyb

capitalist society crushes our ability to think independently, imagine, and question things. many peoples cure to our problems is "govt is not the answer" which again was not something we thought of, it was something that was sold to us which we bought.

rickyb

i used to earn $38 / hr in todays dollars and i was told by some coworkers that id never be able to retire in this city based on that income.

a UPS driver also works FT at my job to try and get ahead LOL.

let me remind you: the last time you worked at UPS

see when your an adult you take on more responsibility and make more decisions.

as a kid, you have less responsibility and more decisions are made for you.
being an employee more closely resembles the latter.

capitalism also centralizes risk and reward in the sense that a few people own everything. worker coops would spread the risk and reward to everyone.
Start your co-op and stop being an employee. Other than my name being next to a route in the morning. I don’t get told what to do at ups. Wait I am told to wear ups’s free clothes.

rickyb

Start your co-op and stop being an employee. Other than my name being next to a route in the morning. I don’t get told what to do at ups. Wait I am told to wear ups’s free clothes.
dont kid yourself of course you do. thats why you have a union.

rickyb

You don’t know? Somebody had to tell you?
when youre a young man with a good paying job youre not gonna care about retirement unless you play make believe warren buffet such as yourself.

and ive done a post on here which deals with millennials attitude toward retirement which i think was they think they wont retire or there will be a new system besides capitalism or we are all extinct by then anyways.

Last edited: