I failed the audit twice in a row, is it possible that I may get fired if it continues?

PT Car Washer

If you worked in the hub you would. Sups and Manager just look the other way. Even if you point out an unloader throwing boxes out of the package cars they just shrug their shoulders. Oh well, he's a fast unloader.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
If you worked in the hub you would. Sups and Manager just look the other way. Even if you point out an unloader throwing boxes out of the package cars they just shrug their shoulders. Oh well, he's a fast unloader.
Yep. If your PPH is above 400 you can do whatever you want. Had the FT sup come talk to my belt about how now we have to open up smalls bags and make sure that at least one package inside is actually going to destination marked on the outside (apparently smalls department can't even do that right), fastest loader on the belt who routinely hits between 450 and 500 said "Not doing it." to his face and the FT sup laughed and continued with his spiel. I usually come in just south of 400 and I routinely get caught throwing packages to the tops of walls or throwing mis-sorts out of trailers by sups, yet to have anything come of it. All you get is "Hey remember to use your load stand." Yes sir!

J

jibbs

You guys actually get told your PPH?

I've only ever known about it from the sheets they would put up in the morning. That only lasted like a month and a half, though.

As usual, we're usually in the dark about the work and what little information we do get turns out to be wrong more often than not.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

I've only ever known about it from the sheets they would put up in the morning. That only lasted like a month and a half, though.

As usual, we're usually in the dark about the work and what little information we do get turns out to be wrong more often than not.
That's crazy. I receive hourly updates on my PPH! The sup has a sheet and says "You loaded (x number of) packages for the second hour, that's (y) PPH. We're checking those bags, right? Ok, initial here for me."

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

preload runs different than local sort. They hang the preload sheets sparodically...the only number we're informed about consistently is your number of misloads. Which, when I came back from vacation on Monday...the misload sheet said I had 6 misloads last friday. That's pretty funny considering I wasn't even in the building...lol.

J

jibbs

That's crazy. I receive hourly updates on my PPH! The sup has a sheet and says "You loaded (x number of) packages for the second hour, that's (y) PPH. We're checking those bags, right? Ok, initial here for me."

That would annoy the hell out of me. I get pissed when the safety lady comes around asking me to rattle off the DOK, and that's only like twice a month. After our last little... "incident"... she hasn't so much as said "Good morning" to me for a couple weeks now, lol.

preload runs different than local sort. They hang the preload sheets sparodically...the only number we're informed about consistently is your number of misloads. Which, when I came back from vacation on Monday...the misload sheet said I had 6 misloads last friday. That's pretty funny considering I wasn't even in the building...lol.

Yeah, we're hit with misload counts every morning. I pay that no mind either. It's well-established that most of the misloads on my trucks come from newer employees walking into my first or last truck in a set thinking it's one of their own.

My misloads are always one of my packages going into one of my trucks, just the wrong one. I ask for a steward whenever they want me to sign off for misloads that I'm confident weren't mine but they always seem to have trouble remembering to find me again when a full-time steward clocks in around 8-ish to resume our conversation.

That'll probably only last for as long as the preload in my center has no steward, though. My fingers aren't crossed, the last steward was more useless than those load sheets we get handed in the morning. All's I need's a copy of the contract and a civil working relationship with my supervisors and I can get by just fine.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I hope you're not smart enough to post a picture of yourself on here.

Why not?

eagle-eye-ugly.png

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
For the OP, you cannot be successfully disciplined for not knowing your DOKs if you're trying to answer them as long as you've made seniority. It would never hold up at panel because being able to parrot back some arbitrary text is not a condition of continued employment once you've made seniority. You can't refuse to attempt to recite them though. You could be disciplined for not working safely if you were throwing a package, walking on a moving belt, etc.

BrownArmy

Who doesn't throw packages/bags?

Upstate, every package you deliver has likely been thrown several times.

As a driver, I excel at tossing the smaller Amazon Prime boxes.

When you're good at it, they skim across the porch and spin 'till they rest right under the mailbox, flat side of box to flat side of wall.

It's a light toss with a little twist, and there is no harm to the package or it's contents (no force generated on said goods).

If you toss and land it correctly, the package meets the porch at an even distribution between mass, velocity, and horizontal/vertical placement.

Velocity, force, angle vector, porch surface material, etc. all play a part, but it's extremely satisfying to land one Prime package after another into their proper place.

rod

Retired 22 years
Upstate, every package you deliver has likely been thrown several times.

As a driver, I excel at tossing the smaller Amazon Prime boxes.

When you're good at it, they skim across the porch and spin 'till they rest right under the mailbox, flat side of box to flat side of wall.

It's a light toss with a little twist, and there is no harm to the package or it's contents (no force generated on said goods).

If you toss and land it correctly, the package meets the porch at an even distribution between mass, velocity, and horizontal/vertical placement.

Velocity, force, angle vector, porch surface material, etc. all play a part, but it's extremely satisfying to land one Prime package after another into their proper place.

Is all in the technique: