I failed the audit twice in a row, is it possible that I may get fired if it continues?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Upstate, every package you deliver has likely been thrown several times.

As a driver, I excel at tossing the smaller Amazon Prime boxes.

When you're good at it, they skim across the porch and spin 'till they rest right under the mailbox, flat side of box to flat side of wall.

It's a light toss with a little twist, and there is no harm to the package or it's contents (no force generated on said goods).

If you toss and land it correctly, the package meets the porch at an even distribution between mass, velocity, and horizontal/vertical placement.

Velocity, force, angle vector, porch surface material, etc. all play a part, but it's extremely satisfying to land one Prime package after another into their proper place.
my favorite is a nice layer of sand, grit or kitty litter on the floor of a PC...it provides the traction needed to propel a gently tossed box towards the bulkhead door. Repeat as desired.

jedi_243

my favorite is a nice layer of sand, grit or kitty litter on the floor of a PC...it provides the traction needed to propel a gently tossed box towards the bulkhead door. Repeat as desired.
don't forget to put the spin on it! the spin is crucial & try knocking on the step of a wood deck

upschuck

As a past Preload sup we were told no one is ever ever 100% perfect. If they (the sup) turn in your audit with 100% the sup will get yelled at
A center manager told me during a review as too why their were a couple of knit picky items on there was because they can not turn in a perfect safety ride. They would have to reride if they did.

J

jibbs

Right, those ones that I have to sign for. I don't think anyone throws them because the high-value guy watches you load them.

Speaking of which, what's it mean when LP does an audit of an individual truck in a set that a loader's loading? Just a regular, random occurrence?

I had one done on one of mine today. First I had ever had, seen or even heard of happening in the building. This wasn't DOK, it was like he went in to check load quality and then had me initial the satisfying 100% he gave me (doubtful I earned it... it was so short that it felt like he was doing something specific in the truck. Checking on a certain package(s) maybe...)

I always get a little nervous when management I've nearly never spoken to come up to me with a clipboard. :eek:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Sounds like LP was checking on the progress of a specific package and covering their tracks by giving you an "audit." With LP I let them do their thing and stay out of their way.

J

jibbs

You got a full 10? Nice. My loads are like a rap album,

All 6's and 7's.

I definitely don't think it was a perfect load. Not a :censored2: one either, but dude was in there maybe 2 minutes. Maybe long enough to check a shelf as it happened towards the end of the shift.

Sounds like LP was checking on the progress of a specific package and covering their tracks by giving you an "audit." With LP I let them do their thing and stay out of their way.

Yeah, I just let him do his thing. I had nothin' to hide, the truck was looking decent by the time he came to it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Speaking of which, what's it mean when LP does an audit of an individual truck in a set that a loader's loading? Just a regular, random occurrence?

I had one done on one of mine today. First I had ever had, seen or even heard of happening in the building. This wasn't DOK, it was like he went in to check load quality and then had me initial the satisfying 100% he gave me (doubtful I earned it... it was so short that it felt like he was doing something specific in the truck. Checking on a certain package(s) maybe...)

I always get a little nervous when management I've nearly never spoken to come up to me with a clipboard. :eek:
jibbs when LP does that...they're usually checking to make sure you're not loading open or damaged packages. That's what that's about. He asked your name, and You had to sign when he was done, right? LP also will come to my truck to check the progress of a specific package..but they don't hide that. If it's not in the truck yet, I'll ask her for the HIN # and last 4 of tracking # and set it aside when i find it.

J

jibbs

jibbs when LP does that...they're usually checking to make sure you're not loading open or damaged packages. That's what that's about. He asked your name, and You had to sign when he was done, right? LP also will come to my truck to check the progress of a specific package..but they don't hide that. If it's not in the truck yet, I'll ask her for the HIN # and last 4 of tracking # and set it aside when i find it.

Yep yep, asked my name and then I had to spell it out four times. "Alright, now a little slower.... okay... that was a U-M? Oh, L? Alright, one more time..."

I thought I was done with that :censored2: after grade school.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yep yep, asked my name and then I had to spell it out four times. "Alright, now a little slower.... okay... that was a U-M? Oh, L? Alright, one more time..."

I thought I was done with that :censored2: after grade school.
At least they don't make us wear nametags....lol

Hi everyone, I've been a sorter at the Secaucus Hub in NJ for 6 months now. The first 4 months I did very well when ever I was questioned and given a passing grade in the 90's for my sorting. Recently I've been in the bag line and the last couple of times I've been observed I failed with a 76. Each time with the same complaint that I throw the bags/packages. It's difficult to do a good job without doing such a thing but I am going to try to do so. The auditor(not sure if thats his title) told me its better to leave the packages that aren't within reach on the floor or put them on the the side in order to avoid failing. Doing so would lower efficiency on my part, I hate not being proficient but I will do it. Any thoughts or advice?
No

Island

I have to wear an ID badge with a federal chip in it. I work in a federal airport.
Also they charge us for lost IDs. The price goes up yearly. Right now I think the first loss is 35, second is 60 and the third is termination.
Fortunately if you break it you can bring a piece of it to security and have it replaced for no charge. But if a belt takes it... you're outta luck.

Also in my building we have very little paperwork. District management prefers boxes to be handled badly. They compliment people who throw things fast. And when they observe you, they make up the numbers completely. A few PT sups have come to me and said, "Well, you know what you're doing but I have to find something wrong here, so I'm putting down that you are working out of your powerzone." I get a little angry sometimes but what's the point. All management does is lie to other members of management, it really has nothing to do with me and if they ask for a signature I give them the ol' RTS in big messy letters to make sure everyone knows just what I think of that whole form.
Sometimes when I see management throwing things I chastise them very seriously and they get nervous as they try to ignore me. Sometimes they walk away because they know I file. I mean these people are the scum of the earth, mostly, I enjoy making them uncomfortable just the same as they are always trying to bother me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have to wear an ID badge with a federal chip in it. I work in a federal airport.
Also they charge us for lost IDs. The price goes up yearly. Right now I think the first loss is 35, second is 60 and the third is termination.
Fortunately if you break it you can bring a piece of it to security and have it replaced for no charge. But if a belt takes it... you're outta luck.

Also in my building we have very little paperwork. District management prefers boxes to be handled badly. They compliment people who throw things fast. And when they observe you, they make up the numbers completely. A few PT sups have come to me and said, "Well, you know what you're doing but I have to find something wrong here, so I'm putting down that you are working out of your powerzone." I get a little angry sometimes but what's the point. All management does is lie to other members of management, it really has nothing to do with me and if they ask for a signature I give them the ol' RTS in big messy letters to make sure everyone knows just what I think of that whole form.
Sometimes when I see management throwing things I chastise them very seriously and they get nervous as they try to ignore me. Sometimes they walk away because they know I file. I mean these people are the scum of the earth, mostly, I enjoy making them uncomfortable just the same as they are always trying to bother me.
You can get fired for losing your ID?