I Found This Tonight

Rack em

Made the Podium
Wow I am seriously hoping my building does this so if they send me to another center to help I have an excuse to completely blow it. “Sorry I’ve literally never seen Orion before.” :happy-very:
You're in for a real treat. Just imagine if dispatch put all of your stops in a hat and let Helen Keller pick them out one by one and place them in whatever order she wanted. That is orion.

specter208

That is to go along with the mapping that will show on the diad. We are loosing RDO a week from Friday so that there is enough computational memory for mapping. Which would be fine if it redid the order when I deliver out of trace to avoid backing in a resi area. Today, I did not back 8 times where Orion wanted me to.
Bull crap. :censored3:

Dollar Chasing

View attachment 202807 I found this hanging under the left side of my dash. I guess it’s a new tracking device. Center Manager has been telling us lately to get ready to explain why we aren’t driving and delivering. It’s called digging through the load looking for packages.

The ELD Mandate: A Trucking Industry 101

Basically, it’s part of a mandate that tracks our hours of service driving the truck. The trucks have to have them now.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The technology has improved then. It used to 200 yards.

I lost my DIAD a couple of years ago. I got to my next stop and couldn’t find it after digging completely through my car a couple of times. I made that embarassing phone call to my supervisor and he immediately located it in the middle of the road where it had slid off my dash. It looked like it got ran over once but it still worked!

Nimnim

The Nim
It was hanging down below my emergency brake handle in plain sight, bad installation job. The new DIAD holders with chargers look like they are just bolted to the dash with loose wires running all over the place.

So you went to grab your e-brake and in the motion to set it you felt like you pulled something else and since your door was open already it went outside but you didn't see it clearly and what to look for so you just went along your way?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I lost my DIAD a couple of years ago. I got to my next stop and couldn’t find it after digging completely through my car a couple of times. I made that embarassing phone call to my supervisor and he immediately located it in the middle of the road where it had slid off my dash. It looked like it got ran over once but it still worked!

How many people know were to find the GPS stuff in the DIAD ?

Zowert

I thought the cars already had a GPS and tracking device, I guess I was wrong. The DIAD already has it, seems like a waste of money duplicating the same thing. I don't care, I stay on my area and its their property. Just pay me, that's why I'm there.

The DIAD will track you but with a tracking device on the vehicle and on your person they will know every move you make. If they only used the DIAD to track you along your route I’m guessing they wouldn’t be able to tell exactly where you parked to walk things off.

During lunch I park and lock my DIAD behind the bulkhead, then walk to where ever I feel like eating. They don’t need to know what I’m stuffing in my face.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They have been tracking tractors for years. Management can pull up a big map screen and there is a blip showing exactly which tractor is where in real time..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How many people know were to find the GPS stuff in the DIAD ?

Comm and select 8 I believe.

And we have a winner !

During lunch I park and lock my DIAD behind the bulkhead, then walk to where ever I feel like eating.

Dude....

That's gonna cause the DIAD to overheat.

:biggrin:

They have been tracking tractors for years. Management can pull up a big map screen and there is a blip showing exactly which tractor is where in real time..

They can do the same thing with all of the package cars.

Unless you are doing stupid stuff....

No problem.

-Bug-